An order fro Roycrofts

daylilydayzed(9/10 C. FLA.)May 17, 2010

Today I received an order from Roycrofts I purchased in April for shipment is May. I ordered 4 plants and this is what I got: Bela Lugosi,Black Briar Bay, Cameroon Night, and Emperor Butterfly. Bela Lugosi arrived with crown rot already present. I immediately emailed Roycrofts and told them that I would like it replaced with a healthy fan. I mean the rot was very established to the point if I touched the crown area, it would fall off onto my finger. I will let you know how it is resolved.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowergirl70ks

I'm glad you posted this, I was beginning to think I was the only one not happy with Roycroft. I had an order of 7 last spring. Only one was a decent plant. The others were so puny I could hardly find them. I used to order and get really nice stuff. Most of them are dead. Some died right away, even tho I planted them in pots and babied them along. This is what is left. Indian Giver, all of 3" tall, and the same miserable one fan. Lav. Blue Baby, has 1 increase, and Dixie Rhythm. This one actually resembles a daylily.I notified them, and they said they were just small, not puny. Not a thing done about it. Never again.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 7:07PM
daylilydayzed(9/10 C. FLA.)

I will not order any thing from Roycrofts again. I have not gotten a email from them about it yet.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 7:10PM
daylilydayzed(9/10 C. FLA.)

I got an email from Roycrofts last evening and this is what they said: "We are very sorry to hear that your Bela Lugosi had rotted and we are going to send out a replacement tomorrow via USPS. I am glad that you contacted us upon seeing it we value all of our customers please don't hesitate call or email us if you have any questions about any of the others.
Sincerely,
Daniel Lambert"

I will let you what condition the replacement is in when I get it.

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 3:39PM
More Discussions
Jean
I'm afraid Jean is discouraged. Hope she won't quit...
organic_kitten
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
NOIDS
Like Indian cast system the NOIDs appear to be low...
brigarif Khan
Just heard from Jean
Changing from the old Gardenweb to Houzz and the signing...
organic_kitten
Trying multiple pics
This is an experiment to see if I can insert muliple...
sherrygirl zone5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™