Bought some new perennials

schoolhouse_gwMay 12, 2014

Well new meaning for this season: Purple Palace coral bells (3), a new pyramid GreenMt. Boxwood to replace the one killed off this winter, a forsythia, a Silver Bells tree and an "Orange Gnome" Campion at the annual local Ag Research Center plant sale, two new Lupine (a yellow and a blue), two burgundy Siberian Iris and a new Red Hot Poker plant to replace the one I had for years and disappeared over this winter.

Plus an asst. of annuals for the crescent bed, urns, and around the bird bath. Snap dragons, a salmon Salvia, Million Bells petunia, and white Alyssum

Now if it would only dry up so I could get some seed in the ground. I'm thinking I might go ahead and sow the Heavenly Blue MG.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Sounds like you got a lot of great new plants !!
I love the plants you got for your birdbath. Not sure if I remember pictures of yours tho, have you posted pics of it? Bird baths are one of my fav garden things. I had 5 until we moved , now just 2.
Do you have anything new for your gate this year ? I always admired your gate pics! :)

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 7:48AM
schoolhouse_gw

Chose the last three years.

July 2011, dianthus:

July 2012, Dianthus:

July 2013, Nasturtiums:

I'll add a photo of the birdbath with the white allsysum as soon as it fills out a little more.

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 9:16PM
schoolhouse_gw

Oh, no I haven't added anything to the gate for Spring.Normally I do that for Fall and at Christmas. But if I found just the right something for Spring and Summer I might put it on the gate.

Meant to add that I got most of the new perennials planted today. I have the Red Hot Poker to go in as soon as I prepare the spot for it. I have to rip out some more English Ivy first. Then I have the two burgundy Siberian Iris left. I know where they will go but ran out of energy today. Had to stop and mow before the farmer came to bale my yard - it seemed that high. What a mess, but I mowed 2 - 3 times to get it looking half decent. Good thing too, it is raining now at 9:30p and suppose to storm tomorrow.

This post was edited by schoolhouse on Tue, May 13, 14 at 21:26

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 9:18PM
Cenepk10(7B)

Wow ! I'm jealous !!! What a great selection of plants ! Beautiful pics too. Would love to see more of your garden pics, schoolhouse !

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 10:35PM
sweetannie4u(midOK_z6b/7a)

Lovely!
I like the white Dianthus combo best.

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 2:57AM
mantis__oh

Actually, I like the draping of the nasturtiums the best, though they can look ratty after a while. Good luck with the Red Hot Poker. It has been lost here (farther south) a number of times; and this last winter definitely zapped it.

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 8:01AM
bellarosa(z5/IL)

i like the last pic the best. i love the wild, cottagey feel of it. thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   June 2, 2014 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Received my seeds today
So psyched !!! Can't wait for spring !!!!
Cenepk10
Boxwood not looking good
It's blowing snow and cold here today and the boxwood...
schoolhouse_gw
Gardenweb and the Houzz Team.
I know Gardenweb is now part of the Houzz Team,..however...
nulty
" Daffs eaten "
Hi, For quite awhile. I couldn't get on. Now this...
hollyhocker_123
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Well, good Saturday morning, Cottagers. It is a brilliantly...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™