Source for Taxus Baccata plain form

poaky1August 9, 2012

As the subject title states I want the regular tree form of European yew. I want to buy A Dynamite Crepe Myrtle too. I think it may be impossible to find both in one place though. They(yews) are available from UK and Europe, but may be illegal to ship to the US from overseas, I know oaks are anyway. Every search leads to special cultivars etc. that I don't like. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
severnside

Why do you specifically want Taxus baccata? I find Taxus media 'Hicksii' (female) and 'Hillii' (male) have more interesting needle arrays both in size and form, once mine are big enough they will replace my native Taxus bacatta for hedging. Stand alone specimens are a different matter as native baccata will be more bushy until mature while media will be more upright.

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 3:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poaky1

I have several Hick's yew in my yard as hedging. I want the tree form for a gravesite. I know it is slow growing but I like the tree form. I know I'll be long gone before it gets very big. I can't think of a more fitting tree for a gravesite. I have posted on the tree forum too and got lots of sources there so I may not check on this forum anymore.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 3:22AM
More Discussions
Deodar Cedar planted out back....
Finally got the hole dug and the Cedar in-ground. Lots...
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
Evergreen shrub suggestions needed
Hello. I will be replacing 3 boxwoods this spring....
zaphod42 SE WI
favourite 5 conifers of all time
WHAT IS YOUR TOP FIVE CONIFERS OF ALL TIME . IF YOU...
rushjason
Preparing Conifer Seedling Understocks For Winter Grafting
My newest video. Best Regards, Dax Here is a link that...
gardener365
Taxodium mucronatum photo
An uptight photo
bluethuja
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™