fullers earth clay

fredahall(Mo, USA)February 28, 2012

I went up to the Auto Parts store looking for oil-dry. They had what they called Fullers Earth Clay (what was on the bag) and of course said it was the same thing? Is anyone familiar with this product? Is it similar/close enough to oil dry/turface to use in the gritty mix?

Also, for my horses, i have a bedding product that is 1/4 inch pine nuggets. They do break down when wet to about 1/8th to 1/16 shreds. Is this fine enough to cause compaction in the mix?

Crushed gravel seems to be the only thing I have been able to locate exactly.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

Fuller's earth is not suitable for use in the gritty mix because of it's extremely fine texture and its very high aluminum content.

Don't use pelletized bark. You should be able to find either Gran-I-Grit (grower size) or #2 cherrystone at rural feed stores. If I knew where you lived, I'd try to help you with the Turface.

Al

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 11:01AM
fredahall(Mo, USA)

Thanks Al, I live in the tiny town of Paola, Kansas. We are within about 30 minutes of several decent cities. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I was checking out some of the old threads last night, your garden is ...well, reminds me of home...about the highest compliment I can pay.

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 4:00PM
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

Try Grass Pad Inc (913) 764-4100, Reinders Inc (816) 225-7235, Supreme Turf Products, Inc. (913) 208-5268 - all 3 in Olathe. Grass Pad Grass Pad in Bonner Springs
(913) 422-4433 and Hummert International in Topeka (800) 798-2799 are also good bets for Turface MVP.

Thanks for the kind compliment, Fred.

Al

Bookmark   March 1, 2012 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
Italian Honey
She was all fine on till August 2014 and then look...
bluemoonlight
I am Phil from Northern Ohio.
I am here amongst many very good fig friends and I...
peak42
I just bought a fig tree!!
Hi all, I recently bought a fig tree, a "Lattarula"...
mssfiggy
vasilika sika ( king & queen)fig greek
Can anyone post a photo of this fig? Is this fig called...
edarena
I'm Back
Hello all
Aaron
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™