UC Davis Cuttings?

thisisme(az9b)February 22, 2011

I was just checking my order form and it said...."Dormant wood is shipped January/February."

Here we are and its February 22nd. Has anyone received their dormant cuttings yet?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bonsaist(Z6/ Bethlehem, Pa)

Fig cuttings were collected last week on Monday and Tuesday. They were being sorted out last week and inspected. Orders should start going out this week. You may receive an email advising you that they're being shipped. Due to the amount of orders I'm sure there will be some delays.

bass

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 11:35PM
noss(Zone 9a Lafayette, LA)

I was always told they ship them to us in March, so I wasn't even thinking about them. Glad someone said something to wake me up.

noss

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 1:57AM
ayyubaddeen(9)

When I placed my order a few months back the response said I was added to the March orders.

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 6:08PM
thisisme(az9b)

Thanks for the heads up bass.

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 6:55PM
bonsaist(Z6/ Bethlehem, Pa)

It seems that orders started to come in already.

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 5:45PM
Dennis AKA Snaglpus(8a)

Hey Bass, my wife called and said my UCD cuttings arrived today via FEDEX. It came in a large box. SHe said she opened the box and placed the bag of cuttings inside the fridge. She said some of the cuttings are 14 inches long! Can't wait to get home and start them up! cheers, Dennis

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 6:48PM
thisisme(az9b)

My cuttings just arrived too. I received at least one cutting of everything I requested. A few are 5"-6" long, most are 12"-15".
Here is what arrived....

Panachee
Adriatic
Ischia Green
UCR 187-25
Barnissotte
Black Madeira
Sucrette

I also requested some Mulberries and Pomegranates that arrived too. Now on to propagating and seeing how well they withstand full Arizona sun.

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 7:14PM
ben_in_sofla

Receiving packages is contagious today, I also found one at the door when I got home. I though at first it was for the wife, but when I picked it up and saw it was from UC Davis, I started to feel like Christmas came early....lots of new cuttings... Oh happy days!!!

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 8:10PM
noss(Zone 9a Lafayette, LA)

I got my cuttings from UC Davis this morning. I got two of one variety and on of another and they're not very long, so we'll see what happens.

noss

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 11:35PM
jmsimpson9(CA 8/9)

Received mine yesterday as well. I ordered them 9 months ago hoping to get everything this year that they ran out of last year. Overall they are really nice cuttings. On most of them I was sent 3 of each type with the 2 I really wanted.. they sent one of each. Some of the cuttings are small but fat and healthy, some of the others are nearly 16 inches long. Received a bunch of grape vines and other stuff as well. I cant wait to go play in the greenhouse tomorrow!!

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 6:07PM
More Discussions
Looking for Cuttings
Hi All. Been looking for fig cuttings. I have 2 Chicago...
tobybul2 - Zone 6 SW MI
I am Phil from Northern Ohio.
I am here amongst many very good fig friends and I...
peak42
Best fig tree for Piedmont-SC?
Hi, I have a sunny front yard with some space. I would...
okyard1980
LosAngelesFigForest website
Please feel free to suggest improvements for the site. I...
Aaron
Black Jack fig not growing side limbs
I purchased 2 two gallon Black Jack Figs from Walmart,...
jeremie428
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™