Ferncliff perennials

savona(z2bBCCanada)March 29, 2012

I have a friend that is considering ordering from them. Does anyone have any personal feedback about plants you have gotten from them? I also am going to order a Coral Sunset peony from them or Parklands, I haven't quite made up my mind which one to order from. I know some on here have ordered from Parkland perennials and are very happy with their plants.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden

Hi Jean,

I have ordered most of my peonies from Parkland and Ferncliffe. I can just drive out to Parkland cause they are close to me. :) Both are the best! Huge roots and freshly dug. I highly recommend them both! :)

Ginny

PS I have well over 200 peonies in my yard and will greatly add to that count this fall from Parkland and Ferncliffe!

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 1:57PM
savona(z2bBCCanada)

Thanks for your feed back Ginny, you are such an enabler..lol...Jean

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 4:08PM

It's my pleasure! Lol! Please do tell what you order! :)

Ginny

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 8:17PM
savona(z2bBCCanada)

I did it!..I just ordered a Coral Sunset peony from Parkland Perennials. I might have remorse that I didn't order any other peonies but there is always next year...lol
Jean

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 3:59PM

Oh dear....... I'm losing my touch! Only one? It will get lonely! :) And Bob does love to sell peonies...... Congratulations! I have Coral Sunset, Coral Supreme and Pink Hawaiian Coral from Ferncliffe. They are out by the back fence with Soulange, Highlight and Tourangelle. Coral Sunset is a beauty! Huge early, semi-double blooms of peachy pink! I'll add Coral Charm, Coral and Gold and Coral Fay to that back garden this fall.

I'm afraid my addiction is still alive and well. I ordered 36 peonies from Peonies From The Field. All ones I do not have and some I have coveted for some time. I haven't heard back from Bob yet so I guess I will have to give him another call.I have a "few" more on my Parkland wishlist. :) Good thing I have the summer to dig up the rest of the yard. I don't appear to be getting much digging done in my sleep. <:>I'll post pics Jean....if we ever get spring that is.....

Ginny

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 8:31PM
savona(z2bBCCanada)

I have many of the more common peonies and several NOID ones. I bought a small root of Coral Charm last year from Home Depot and potted it up in the green house, before I could plant it out it looked like like it had botrytis and the leaves blackened and dried so I removed them and planted it out. I have little hope it made it through the winter but would love to be proved wrong.

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 1:12PM

You know, peonies are funny plants. I have had plants come up 3 years after I planted them and declared them deceased. Alive and thriving! Only time will tell..... :)

I have a feeling I will have a few NOIDS myself this season. I missed my spring head count last year due to illness, rain, and family issues. I hope my memory is still good. :>

Ginny

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 3:40PM
More Discussions
Polar Bear Willow
I posted this last night but it seems to have disappeared....
sazzyrose
Canada's Quest to Breed Super Hardy Roses Article
I came across this interesting article on the rose...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
Has many one tried calgaryplants.com for roses?
I came across this site, http://www.calgaryplants.com/collections/roses,...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
Native plum wood collection along with many others.
If anybody in my area calgary or alberta is looking...
mattpf
Potted peonies already coming up in garage! What do I do?
Hi everyone, After my winter hibernation, I am back!...
ostrich
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™