New to Fig forum

andrew78(6)March 28, 2010

Hello everyone!

I had checked this site out during the winter and was considering buying a few fig trees myself. I had looked into chicago hardy and brown turkey. Someone here had emailed me and offered to give me some cuttings but I lost the email. I am still wanting to give a fig another try. I had one a few years ago. I don't know what the variety was called but I know it was an italian fig. I lost it due to my lack of knowledge with figs. If anyone has any cuttings or small plants, please let me know. I would like 2 to start with. I would be willing to pay since I don't remember who it was who offered them to me this winter. I do remember they were from PA, but that is it.

Thank you,

Andrew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
svanessa(9/SoCal)

Hi Andrew,
Can you go into your account and set up your email so I can reply privately? I have some cuttings still in the refer and some rooted plants you might be interested in.
Sue

Bookmark   March 29, 2010 at 11:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andrew78(6)

Hello Sue,
Your from sunny California ha? Must be nice! I would trade places with you in a heart beat. It is 37 degrees in Western NY, cold and rainy! I made sure to have my email on for you. I don't understand why it was off in the first place. I have had it on for awhile. Oh well. My main interest is in tropical fruits but I also enjoy citrus and plumerias and now back into figs! I just got a 2-3 year old Oro Blanco from Four Winds and I also bought a 6ft Improved Meyer lemon. I have spent the money I had saved for adding to my collection now but thats okay.
Andrew

Bookmark   March 29, 2010 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
I am Phil from Northern Ohio.
I am here amongst many very good fig friends and I...
peak42
I think I poisoned all my new baby figs :/
I had decided to lightly fertilize all my new batch...
Aaron
LosAngelesFigForest website
Please feel free to suggest improvements for the site. I...
Aaron
Italian Honey
She was all fine on till August 2014 and then look...
bluemoonlight
Negronne 2014
Pictures are from one tree but two different fig fruit....
bluemoonlight
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™