HAVE: Heliconia rostrata

garyfla_gw(10 Florida)October 14, 2013

Hi
have a whole bunch of corms of the "Lobster claw" Way too numerous and big to ship. located in Palm Beach county for pick up. Trade is not necessary gary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
radhavall

Hi Gary,
I had the Lobster claw for the longest time, and I took them out as they became huge. Now I am thinking of planting them in large pots. If they bloom that is in pot that is.I have lots of Amaryllus bulbs.. If you are interested. I sent you an email few months ago, regarding Amazon lillies etc.. I bought a lot of those online. Do you have them full sun or part sun?
regards..
Radha.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 7:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
I remember seeing your post but it got deleted before I had a chance to read it lol I made a mistake in planting the LC in the shade house where they grew through the roof
The main problem I've had is being blown over,the flowers are very heavy I've removed them from the shrub border
as it's becoming a tree fern area . They grow well in either sun or shade but do require a lot of water .
The AL require shade and fairly rich soil . I grew them mostly in the shadehouse but moved a bunch to dappled shade in the yard after enriching the soil and adding pine mulch they are doing very well there
I still have both if still interested gary

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 2:59AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Hummingbird plants
Hi. I would love more hummingbird plants. Prefer rooted...
TheNatureLady
WANTED: bamboo-
looking for larger type bamboo plants (black) maybe-pines...
rudetrain
WANTED: Any extra flower seeds for SASE?
I've just moved back home and left my garden behind,...
Debi Matlack
WANTED: Anyone got Dragon Fruit?
I'm getting a little obsessed with the idea of putting...
natives_and_veggies
WANTED: Wanted: Papaya Seeds
Hello, I'm in Florida, looking for Papaya Seeds. I...
Only1God
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™