Having Fun

dieselerApril 8, 2010

Found some larger expandable peat pellets , i like these as i dont have to break apart a bunch of small ones to put in cup. I have some scion about a week old that were in a baggie just starting to show some bumps.

Going to stick scion in each one no gel dip and post results in about 4 to 6 weeks here in this thread.

Last season i first tried the small ones and liked the results its easy for me stick em and forget em least for a while. ; )

Also i did similar with fresh cut off my trees and used smaller peat pellets that i had to break up and put in cup and you can view the pictures if you have not seen in on the forums with pictures of roots. Click the Link below picture.

Best Health

Martin

Here is a link that might be useful: http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=4661738

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ottawan_z5a

I saw some peat pellets that were between 5 to 6" long (but not as fat as shown above) when I went to pick up some rooted grape cuttings in a boutique nursery in Ottawa. I did not ask the owner but later thought that those were perfect for rooting of figs cuttings too. I have not seen those pellets in any store yet.

Bookmark   April 10, 2010 at 11:21PM
More Discussions
Italian Honey
She was all fine on till August 2014 and then look...
bluemoonlight
I think I poisoned all my new baby figs :/
I had decided to lightly fertilize all my new batch...
Aaron
Ficus Lyrata curly leaves.
I badly need your help .why do the leaves curl and...
Kimmy Jane Santiago
How to prune a Ficus Lyrata.
Hi Everyone, Im new to this forum, I hope there is...
Goldie_1
Black Madeira
In my old oven :) M
bluemoonlight
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™