What am i doing wrong

brieenMay 28, 2010

I just dont seem to have luck with sedums. They do fine the first year I plant them , them the next spring poof they gone. What kind of soil conditions do sedums like.Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bdgardener(3 AB)

I have a couple of big bunches. Mine are in a dry area that very rarely gets watered other than rain. I even have some in the front of the house which is our gravel driveway. I do leave the seed heads on in the fall. If any small ones appear in spots where they are not wanted, they are easy enough to pull. C

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 10:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xtreme_gardener(1b)

Brieen,
Could you tell us what the conditonas are like where you've planted them? what types are you growing?
I have a low growing small leaved kind with yellow flowers (russian yellow sedum I think its called)that is borderline invasive. I have another kind but I don't know what is called :'( They're both in full sun and sandy soil. I think if you can find a very sunny (even hot) place with very well drained soil they should do well. Another trick might be to place larger rocks beside them to keep the heat around them. They are definately hardy. My neighbor has clay soil and the samples I gave her died.
Hope that helps.

Bookmark   May 30, 2010 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
Snows not here but lets talk roses anyways 2014
Well, this was an explosive year in the rose dept for...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
Anyone Growing Peaches in the far north??
Hi, I bought two contender peach trees last year. Everyone...
troman1973
Cilantro tricks?
Does anyone have any advice to get more leaves out...
northspruce
Posting a picture from photobucket.
Over in the hosta forum I've learned how to post a...
north53 Z1b MB
germinating rose seeds
What is a good way to start roses from seed, I picked...
wayne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™