Transplanting Fig

jewjewbean410April 21, 2013

I have a fig tree that I bought a year ago. It was a 3 gallon size plant and we planted it in the back yard. Now my dog keeps eating it. Somehow it has managed to survive, but it's definitely not looking pretty. It has no leaves because he eats them everytime they started growing and he eats any new growth. We'd like to try and transplant it to the front yard because it's trying so hard to live. Would doing that more than likely kill it or could it survive even though it's been through so much? By the way, I live in zone 7. If anyone has any advice on when and how to transplant it to give it the best odds of surviving, that'd be awesome.

This post was edited by jewjewbean410 on Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 17:46

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Centurion_(Verde Valley AZ Z8)

I'd move it as just as soon as there is no reasonable chance of frost in your area. As for whether it can survive the move or not? If you leave it where it is it's a goner for sure, right? So what have you got to lose?

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 8:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fignewbies

Hi,

I'd move it to the front year after frost is no longer a risk and put a strong fence around this little fig tree (for now and after the move) so the dog cannot get close to it and chew anything it sees in sight!

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
Cuttings with mold.
When I took my three bags of cuttings out of the fridge...
recoil_rob
Help please!!!
I badly need your help .why do the leaves curl and...
Kimmy Jane Santiago
New ficus lyrata & ficus elastica...cold shock?
I brought home 3 new houseplants from the hardware...
mandalynrael
Cincinnati, OH Hardy chicago fig Hardy chicago fig 2015
The picture below is carried over from last year. Hardy...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
Black Madeira
In my old oven :) M
bluemoonlight
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™