2 Bud Queens for Wednesday

anniegolden(z7a)June 27, 2012

FYI, these are all repeats, so those of you who are interested in seeing new ones may wish to skip.

LADY LUCILLE, bud queen supreme at my house. I can't help gushing about this one. (I feel like the tiresome mother, constantly bragging about her two-year-old who already knows all the letters, and can count to 20, and is learning to play the violin.) She is a true late and unlike other lates was not confused by the weird weather. There have been only a couple of blooms so far, but look at the buds! The photo on the left is the scape with the highest bud count - 39! The photo of twins is a bloom from last week, as no buds are opening today.

CIMARRON ROSE, 1st runner up. FFO was June 6 and it has been non-stop since then and no sign of letting up. The (rather terrible) photo on the left was taken this morning, the other 2 photo were taken on Monday. This is a large flower - 6+ inches.

MANDARIN'S CLOAK (new last year) looking good today. Goodness, I didn't realize until I did 'preview message' how similar the coloration is between CIMARRON ROSE and MANDARIN's CLOAK.

CHANG DYNASTY This one in turning into a favorite. Very large and rubbery and every bloom opens perfectly.

Thanks for looking.

Christine

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houstmag

WOW!!! what a bloom machine Lady Lucille is, I also really like Chang Dynasty.
Linda

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 9:29AM
shive(6b TN)

That's fabulous bud count and branching on Lady Lucille, especially in a year like this! Is she also a heat buster? Your clump of Cimarron Rose looks gargantuan. How long have you had that one? If you still have that many buds left on it, Cimmaron Rose must be a winner. Change Dynasty is a beauty!

Debra

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 9:56AM
anniegolden(z7a)

Debra, yes LL is a heat buster, although she is on the east side of a picket fence and gets filtered relief from the sun during the hottest part of the day. CR is gargantuan and was planted as a double fan in spring 2010. The rebloom on CR just extended non-stop from the original bloom. Somehow I think CR just really liked the strange weather this year. As for Change Dynasty, this is the hands down best in my garden of all the Stamile's.
Christine

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 10:25AM
gwnichole(8a)

Wow -- I think I WANT Lady Lucille! Thanks for posting.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 10:35AM
organic_kitten(8)

Fabulous bloomers. And beautiful to boot. Lovely pictures too.
kay

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 11:37AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Every nice an an interesting way to present the pictures with great information. I pick LADY LUCILLE. Can't beat all those scapes and buds ha-ha. I love great doers.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 12:06PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Lots of pretties here. I really like CD too! Oh, to have a bud count like you have on the top one.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 3:51PM
Julia NY(6)

I always enjoy seeing lots of scapes and buds.

Julia

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 4:39PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

WOW/LADY LUCILLE really has the buds and a beauty, too. looks like it will be blooming for a long time. CIMARRON ROSE is a beauty, too. and MANDARRIN'S CLOAK is very pretty.cant pick a favorite, as I like them all, verry pretty.

jean

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 5:00PM
nat4b(4)

Wow, 39 buds, that's awesome. And she's late too. I like all of them, and especially Cimarron Rose, looks like it really likes your garden!

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 12:22AM
More Discussions
Davisson Daylilies
I'll start by saying I've had no issues with growing...
Julia NY
NOIDS! The last alphabet post!
This has been fun! Now alot of us have to wait for...
sherrygirl zone5
As I Promised, Photos...Spring's Coming
Here you go, As I said, it is just the beginning, but...
organic_kitten
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™