Frost Expected Illinois and Other Near States

dieselerApril 27, 2010

Frost is expected tonight in parts of illinois,wisconsin, indiana, and michigan. Just wheeled all my fig plants in garage. I'm not risking setting them back now thats for sure.

Martin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

I brought about 75 tender trees in last night, but no frost. I was forward-looking enough not to put them all back out today. Temps in the upper 20s tonight in mid-MI, & very low 30s tomo night. Looks like several warm nights after that, so everything will be back out Thu AM.

Al

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 8:16PM
wabikeguy(7 AB)

I actually envy you guys. Temps in the 90's here today and projected night time lows in the 70's. Summer is here in the desert.

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 9:23PM
chills71(Zone 6b Mi)

moved a couple things inside myself this evening. I've got things in my front porch that have been out for 3 weeks now and I'm not moving.

Lilacs are opening a few weeks early here. most daffodils are done, except for the later varieties.

~Chills

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 10:46PM
eukofios

Wow! I was just whining about the guy in Arizona who is picking figs now, while mine are just little breba! Then you have frost in Illinois! I knew there was a reason I left Chicago!

Our Spring is early in W. Washington too, but with intermittant chilly days in the 40s. Lotsa rain this week. Other fruits variable, poor set on cherries, peaches with some leaf curl, apricots half-dead, but the figs are doing nice with a smattering of brebas and leaves just barely starting. I feel fortunate.

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 8:39PM
More Discussions
When to prune fig trees?
Hello to all,my fig tree is bare now and I was wondering...
coconutman
I just bought a fig tree!!
Hi all, I recently bought a fig tree, a "Lattarula"...
mssfiggy
Negronne 2014
Pictures are from one tree but two different fig fruit....
bluemoonlight
How to prune a Ficus Lyrata.
Hi Everyone, Im new to this forum, I hope there is...
Goldie_1
New ficus lyrata & ficus elastica...cold shock?
I brought home 3 new houseplants from the hardware...
mandalynrael
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™