Blooms for the last couple of days

Nancy zone 6June 16, 2012

I don't think I have much you haven't seen already,

World Premier

Woman's Work

Most of Sultry Summer's blooms aren't as dark as they were last year, here is a nice one though

Romanian Rendevous for the most part isn't looking as good as last year, most of the blooms just don't seem to be filled out nicely. Here is a nice bloom of it though

Christmas Is is one I'm debating on getting rid of. I kinda like the look of it, but it has very few blooms, doesn't rebloom & has multiplied very little. I guess I should move it & see if it does better somewhere else before I dispose of it.

El Desperado is starting up

A couple of lilies

Late Asiatic blooming

Orange Tiger

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shive(6b TN)

Ooh, World Premier is nice and puffy and ruffly. You can really see the Victorian Lace influence in that one. My Desperado is starting its parade here too. I tried to take a photo of it, but I had too much lens fog. I adore those white Asiatic lilies. I've never seen any that looked like that. Thanks for the show!

Debra

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 10:14AM
deangreen(7b OK)

those lilies are awesome, I love the speckled petals, a name?

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 11:31AM
nat4b(4)

Lovely flowers, daylilies and lilies! I love World Premiere, so many flowers, and Sultry Summer is dark and beautiful, Romanian Rendevous (I'll never remember the spelling ;)) is my favorite! Thanks for info on Christmas Is. I like how it looks.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 12:42PM
njmomma(z6 NJ)

Stunning! Love World Premier and those asiatic lilies! Wow!

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 12:45PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Lilies look great. You know I love lilies! I have to say El Desperado is my favorite today, just beautiful. But World Premier is a stunner also, especially in that gorgeous clump.

You know I have CHRISTMAS IS also and now that I think about it I can't remember it blooming in the two years it has been here. Humm. Not good.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 12:57PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

WOW> love SULTRY SUMMER, andWORLS PREMIER. Gorgeous. and EL DESPERADO IS A BEAUTY. Ssure wish mine would do some thing besides just sit.it was pretty last year, but dont even have a scape yet this year.I am thinking about trying to dig it up and pot it. I love that CHRISTMAS IS, too. very pretty red. love it.

jean

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 2:57PM
Nancy zone 6

I love World Premier, I hadn't realized one of its parents is Victorian Lace, but yes, I can see it now. It really does bloom well.
I really like the look of Christmas is, that great big eye & wide open look of it is just different than anything else in my garden. It just doesn't perform well.
The white lily is called Centerfold I believe. I think it is dwindling in my garden though. I used to have 5 plants & down to 2. May have to get some more plants, I do like this one.

I didn't get a picture of Hot Lava, somehow I missed it when I was out with the camera. I've been watching for this one to bloom. It tried to bloom last fall, but frost got it before it could bloom out. I guess it has been sulking, I didn't think it was going to bloom at all & it finally sent out a scape. Then it looked like it was going to open yesterday. Poured rain yesterday afternoon, which we needed, but I thought if it did open it would look awful. I finally thought to look at it a few minutes ago, & it is just beautiful. Amazing that it held up so well all day. I'll get out & get a photo when I've cooled off a bit :)

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 4:57PM
anniegolden(z7a)

Oh goodness, WORLD PREMIER looks like it's playing a game of musical chairs and they're all trying to sit down on the same chair. What fun. It's my favorite.
Christine

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 6:02PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

Gotta love World Premier, beautiful flower and it looks like a great performer. Love the look of Christmas Is , but thank you for the information on it. Sultry Summer is a beauty. El Desperado gets my vote as favorite though. That is a fabulous picture of a great daylily.
Val

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 8:13PM
Julia NY(6)

El Desperado is stunning in your pic and World Premier is a gorgeous mass of blooms.

Julia

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 8:45PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

WOW, look at that jumble of beautiful blooms on World Premiere! Mine is just barely showing scapes but now I can't wait. I have that Centerfold lily too. It certainly is unique. I have lost several of my lily bulbs every year, presumably from chipmunks or moles. I also love Sultry Summer. It is a beauty.

Celeste

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 9:51AM
mantis__oh

Color of World Premier is enticing. Don't worry about showing another pic of the same cultivar. I, for one, would like to see more of World Premiere to see what it's branching is like.

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 11:50AM
Edward_Kimball

World Premiere looks wonderful. You can post as many pictures of it as you like.

Edward

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 2:31PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

That's a great photo of World Premier. I love your tiger lilies!
Renee

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 11:57PM
houstmag

Worls Premier is quite the bloomer I think it's stunning.
Linda

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 8:03AM
katladie(z8Louisiana)

Love Romanian Rendevous, and that's a great picture of El Desperado. sharon

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 11:42AM
gothiclibrarian(5b)

Your clump of World Premier puts new meaning to the phrase "burst into bloom." How exquisitely dramatic and beautiful!

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
Voles and Snow Cover
With the great weather today I did some cleanup in...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
Pretty Pinks Posing Prettily
There were a lot of pinks drawing my attention in the...
shive
Pink Daylily questions
I was given a bunch of the orange daylilies (last year)...
srks72
I need help on plant choice for a narrow strip walkway 1' X 40'
I live in Southern California beach area. Currently...
anna
Rain, Rain Go Away...
We have had an abundance of rain...I am glad, but am...
organic_kitten
Sponsored Products
Prandina | Bloom S5 Pendant Light
YLighting
Blooming Cascade Indoor - Outdoor Floor Fountain
Lamps Plus
Bloom Chandelier by ET2 Lighting
$338.00 | Lumens
'Bloom' Hand-stretched Canvas Art
Overstock.com
Peony Blooms Wool Area Rugs - 1'8" x 2'6"
$69.00 | FRONTGATE