queen for a day ? ....

deangreen(7b OK)June 8, 2012

Siloam Queen Bee really makes a nice bold addition. If you like orange, I know some don't. :) It also has lots and lots of buds. I like to put this in the garden next to other bold colors, or near light and dark plants.

I let the purperilla (sp?) grow where it may in the garden and then weed out at whim when I feel like it's overdoing it. the green vine in front is from a pumpkin I left out last fall. but the most exciting thing in the garden photo to me is in the back left corner. A new Korean Angelica that I have to wait until next year to see it bloom. you can click on the photos for a larger view. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

Deangreen, Queen Bee is a has a pretty face. What size is the bloom? I happen to love orange...not as if I had to tell anyone who looks at my posts. Your grouping is very attractive.
kay

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 10:24AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

I do like orange and I like it very much. Looks good in the garden shot also.

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 11:34AM
Nancy zone 6

I don't like orange-except in daylilies & I'm crazy about it. I don't think I've seen this one before, really dramatic, I like it. I've been trying to grow angilica gigas for ages from seed, got some fresh seeds last fall from someone & they still refused to grow. Guess I'll have to get a plant somewhere, where did you get yours?

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 11:44AM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

I love it and wish I could find somewhere that sells it. It would compliment all my other Siloams nicely. And I love orange...(but I love all the colors).

Celeste

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 11:45AM
deangreen(7b OK)

thanks y'all. Kay, I think it's considered a small flower.
Ngrahm, I bought two of these plants this spring, then went back and bought two more to put in my freind's yard in AR. Believe it or not, my source was Ebay! :)
THere is a guy that grows them in Jasper AR, so he shipped the little baby plants to me, and they all transplanted well. Everything I've read says it's pretty hard to get seeds to grow unless it's right after they fall or something, and then also that they don't like transplanted. Anyway, all the ones I've planted are growing fine so far, so hopefully I'll get some blooms next summer! I think the guy in Jasper was featured in a Southern Living magazine about growing the Angelica. never give up! ha
* I think Marietta's might have S queen bee...

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 3:53PM
Julia NY(6)

I love orange and the brighter the better :-).

Julia

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 6:08PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

I love orange daylilies and find I have added several in the last few years and I also love daylilies with lots of buds. That one seems to have both.
Val

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 6:52PM
Maryl zone 7a

Who couldn't like orange when paired with the Purple Heart (Setcreasea) and the Purple Perilla? I'm always on the lookout for orange, colorfast/sunfast, daylilies, and Siloam Queen Bee's color is a nice one if it holds. If only daylilies bloomed around pumpkin time in fall what a great time for Charlie Brown and me...Maryl

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 7:17PM
More Discussions
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
Marvelous "M" daylilies, let's see them!
It's time for the M daylilies and I actually have a...
sherrygirl zone5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™