Walking/Moving Might be Hard Tomorrow ! =:)

nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)May 16, 2010

I spent 4-1/2 hours or so today in the garden. Non-stop, except for 2 glasses of water. My Ipod played 53 songs.

Some of the things I did -- topdressed with compost, took a garden fork to my raised planter, planted geraniums, dianthus, and morning glories. I dug up some irises that haven't been touched for 5 years or more and hope I transplanted them properly. I dug two small pails of dandelions, watered the daylilies, swore at and sprayed water at a pigeon that wanted to poop in my yard I'm sure. I also fertilized a few things with fish emulsion. hmmm. I always read that it smelled to high heaven. Maybe it's because we lived on Vancouver Island for years, that the mild smell of fish seemed kind of nice, really =:)

I wonder if I'll be able to move tomorrow or if I'll ache all over....

Anyone else?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marricgardens

You may be sore tomorrow but it will all be worth it later when you have a gorgeous garden. No matter how sore you get, you will head back out there tomorrow or the next day. We foliar feed with a fish emulsion fertilizer and it is strong. Sure don't want to have a barbeque after using it!

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 10:14PM
northspruce(z3a MB CDA)

I mowed most of the lawn today (we have a lot of it) and planted 2 rose bushes, did some weeding, seeded some poppies, scarlet flax, soapwort, nasturtiums, annual asters, and cosmos, admired my SDB irises which are blooming, and cleaned up toddler revenge pee from my 2.5 year old who doesn't like Mommy playing with the flowers instead of her.

I am already sore and it's not even tomorrow yet!

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 10:44PM
nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)

Marric - What type of fish emulsion do you use? Maybe mine isn't concentrated enough. I can sniff close to the bottle and it's not very fishy at all.

Northspruce - toddler revenge pee, that's hilarious, although I'm not sure it was to you. Outside I hope. Too bad she's not a boy, you could have caught him in the act and had him aim to fertilize something, or start a compost pile LOL !

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 7:17PM
More Discussions
Seeds
Can't wait for spring....
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
Tradescantia Overwintering and Cultural requirement
Tradescantia �Blue and Gold�...
dongdong
Finally!
Even my daffodils, south side close to house, are popping...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
plant swapping in Manitoba
Hi all~ Blustery winter day throughout Manitoba......
bratwithcat
germinating rose seeds
What is a good way to start roses from seed, I picked...
wayne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™