FFO and some others

marricgardensJune 25, 2012

My daylilies are finally starting to open. Lots of scapes but not many flowers yet. The first ones to open were the Stella seedling, most of which turned out yellow. There's one pod with an orange colored ring around it. I'm waiting to see what that one will be like. Here's 2 that I thought not to bad. Marg

Wild Horses had its FFO. It didn't open fully and the flower was smaller but it's a start.

Leebea Orange Crush opened this morning. She was blooming at 8 a.m. when I went out.

Closeup of Leebea Orange Crush

Some others I thought I'd add.

This one was potted up and I moved it into the tent so I could get a better picture.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

Your getting some very nice blooms now. I always like the orange ones, so Orange Crush was a goodie.
kay

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 10:31AM
shive(6b TN)

Hooray, your daylily season has started, Marg! I like Wild Horses and Leeba Orange Crush. That clump of white columbines must look magical close up to it. My favorite photo is the last one. Yellow and blue flowers always look so great together!

Debra

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 12:51PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Very pretty daylily bloomers and flowers. Leebea Orange Crush is my favorite.

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 12:56PM
njmomma(z6 NJ)

Nice garden! Wow, you have 2 grills huh? :)

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 1:27PM
marricgardens

Thanks everybody. We actually have 4 grills because when my brother moved west, he left us 2 more! We use 2 at the family picnic because nobody seems to want to wait for their dinner!
Debra: the white McKenna Giant columbine were spectacular this year, and then the wind hit. It's very windy here today and the columbine have all been knocked over. The Rocky Mountain penstemon is new this year and I plan to start more because I like it so much.

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 1:57PM
nat4b(4)

Congrats on your daylilies starting! I like Wild Horses, it's early and looks good all day usually! I also like the last picture with that color combination.

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
photo of cool blue daylily
Does anyone have a picture of Petit's Cool Blue daylily...
pink_petals
Rice Daylilies
I've grown quite a few of the daylilies hybridized...
Julia NY
A Beautiful Spring Day Today
It is typical Alabama weather. Today was mid 70s,...
organic_kitten
Lambert daylilies
would love to see pics of John Lambert daylilies ....
signet_gw
Pretty Pinks Posing Prettily
There were a lot of pinks drawing my attention in the...
shive
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™