Warming Up!!

katkin_gwJanuary 8, 2014

I am so glad it's warming up. I can't wait for the 80+ weekend. But I sure hope the cold air killed off some of the white that has been such a pest this year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puglvr1(9b central FL)

I hate freeze and frost...but I'm definitely not looking forward to the 80's :o(...its way too early for spring weather...we have such a short winter as it is and a very long hot summer weather...our December was above normal. I'm hoping for a much milder cooler (not cold) rest of winter...maybe in the low 70's for highs?

But enjoy the 80's katkin...we all like different temperatures,lol...

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 3:43PM
zzackey(8b GA)

I can't wait for Saturday. I'm sure we will get some more cold snaps. We still have at least 2 months until spring here. The bugs and diseases needed killing anyway.

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 9:08PM
morningloree(9b)

I hope it did some white flies in. I have a big confederate rose in my yard, huge white fly magnet. Will have to through my seed drawer and start planting seeds now that it's warming up.

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 9:57PM
katkin_gw

I meant to say white fly. I've had it everywhere this summer. Today it is much warmer. I just love the warm weather, with the doors and windows open. Not screaming hot and humid, but I'll take that over the cold. The Bayers tree and shrub seems to work pretty good on the white fly, but it gets expensive to use on everything.

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 6:37AM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

We need more cool weather....my blueberries are breaking dormancy and I already have quarter size peaches on one confused peach tree.

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 6:39AM
More Discussions
Yacon rhizomes
Hey Carmen, You out there? CYE pronto, I have your...
tomncath
Looking for wax jambu and Barbados cherry cuttings
Looking to purchase some cuttings of the following...
poetie
A mystery plant... Any ideas?
Rescued this plant from a friends house. It's in pretty...
soleil_blume_hooke
New Floridian gardener
Im a snowbird who is loving gardening all year long...
juttz
Mexican Flame Vine
It is conceivable that I've asked this question here...
wisconsitom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™