cheap greenhouse tarpauline in Eastern Europe

frozbigMay 25, 2010

Most of us are in North America but it could be of some usage to people in Europe. It might also be a viable option to import plastic if you are going to build a greenhouse on a large scale.

Recently, I was visiting the store LEROY MERLIN (something like Home depot) in Warsaw and I came across greenhouse tarp for a very good price.

the price was 37$ for a 6m by 5m tarp (something line 20 feet by 19 feet).
The company that produces the tarp is in Poland and they have several types of greenhouse tarps. see their website http://www.marma.com.pl

If it was easy to carry I would surely take more of it. For that price it is a bargain!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ottawan_z5a

What is the tarp made of?

Bookmark   May 26, 2010 at 12:16AM
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

Well, this was an adventure. The website is in Polish, and I figured out oferta is offers of their products? So I checked. It seems you need some kind of metal infrastructure to lay the tarp over. I clicked on several side links, and the pictures show basically what they are offering. It's hard for a girl to pass up a bargain, but I think I'll stick to Walmart for now.....
Suzi

Bookmark   May 26, 2010 at 10:25AM
frozbig

Ottawan: I would have to inquire with the company. The only thing that they state on the packaging and website is "Made of horticulture film stabilized against UVÂÂ
Some of their tarpaulins have 3 layers of film but the sizes are just too big carry in a suitcase.

desertdance : it would defeat the purpose to travel all the way to eastern Europe just to buy greenhouse tarp. It was more an example for people coming here or anyone who lives on the borders of countries such as Hungary or Poland. (the polish website is also in English just click on the UK flag on the right side)

Bookmark   May 26, 2010 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
Black Madeira
In my old oven :) M
bluemoonlight
Cuttings with mold.
When I took my three bags of cuttings out of the fridge...
recoil_rob
Black Jack fig not growing side limbs
I purchased 2 two gallon Black Jack Figs from Walmart,...
jeremie428
Looking for Cuttings
Hi All. Been looking for fig cuttings. I have 2 Chicago...
tobybul2 - Zone 6 SW MI
Negronne 2014
Pictures are from one tree but two different fig fruit....
bluemoonlight
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™