Help! Repot now or wait?
I intended to repot my two figs earlier into bigger pots, but wasn't able to get to it till now. They've been kept in an unheated garage over winter, we've had a cold spring, and they just started leafing out when we were gone a week ago. One has leaf buds about an inch long, the other, about a half inch. I just went out to get started on the repotting, but they both have little figs starting, too. One plant is about 10 years old and 4 feet tall, the other about 5 years old and 2 feet tall.
Will I lose the baby figs if I repot them now? If it's safe to do, should I try to bare-root them like I was intending, or just shave off the edges and repot? They're in a regular potting mix now, but I was going to repot with one of the pine bark mixes I read about here. Thanks for any advice.