dutchman's pipe

ianna(Z5b)June 14, 2010

Do any of you have this vine and what are your experiences about this plant? So many years ago, I bought this vine and planted it in the garden at my former home. When I moved I took it with me, forgot it's name, replanted it and forgot all about it. It hasn't bloomed in all these years. It's over 6 years old now. growing very well but no flowers. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

I have never had any flowers on mine, so I moved it. Now it WILL NOT DIE here. It comes up every year in the middle of a shrub I planted in it's hold home (which drives me nuts) and along the rose border as soon as it gets hot.
It spread like wildfire here. But no blooms! If it had it's freaky blooms I could have dealt with it's rampant ways...

I hope yours does not have the behavior problem mine did!

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 8:41PM
gardenbear1(6 Ma.)

I have one growing on the north side of the house and it blooms every year, I have to keep after it or it will take over the yard, I never fuss with it and the only time it gets watered is when it rains.they hate to be fussed over and do better in a damp soil mine sits in the shade garden

Bear

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 10:12PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

gardenbear, that is a lovely shade garden! I have about the same amount of space that I want to do something similar in, eventually. Yours is lovely with so many foliage colors.

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 12:38AM
ianna(Z5b)

I like the courtyard feel to your garden gardenbear and the 'finds' you have there. I bet the peagravel makes that really nice sound as you walk on it.

GGG & Gardenbear

Thanks for the feedback on the vine. Mine hasn't been as prolific as has the you mentioned. It's just strange that it's not flowered for m. I'll bear in mind that I'd have to cut it back severely each fall.

Ianna

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 11:08AM
krycek1984(6a/Cleveland)

That's beautiful! It looks like you have about as much room as I do! I live right in the city so...I know the feeling!

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 1:38AM
gardenbear1(6 Ma.)

that side yard was a trash heap when I moved in here 7 years ago, after clearing it out I found some ferns growing so I planted some shade plants and then some more, I keep looking for just a little more space for maybe one more plant and I seem to find it

Bear

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 11:21PM
memo(Zone 4B Nebraska)

Ianna, I'm sorry, I am not familiar with the plant you are asking about. I just wanted to let GardenBear know what a great little shade garden she has created. What a great place to rest and read a book.

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 10:46AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Weeping Willow & Tortured Willow Cuttings
I am rooting Weeping Willow (Salix babylonica) cuttings. I...
sweetannie4u
A few pictures
Hi cottage gardeners. I don't have a lot of strictly...
lois
Anuual Hollyhock seed
I don't remember if I plant annual HH seed this Spring...
schoolhouse_gw
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Good Saturday morning, Cottagers! Spring is definitely...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Random Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning dear cottagers, I have missed our little...
cyn427 (zone 7)
Sponsored Products
Heracleum II Small LED Chandelier by Moooi
$2,649.00 | Lumens
Heracleum II LED Suspension by Moooi
$3,711.00 | Lumens
Treated Pine Dutchman Face to Face Swing
Fifthroom.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™