Allium sphaerocephalon

nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)June 13, 2012

Last fall I planted some new Allium sphaerocephalon, along with more Purple Sensation Allium.

The Purple Sensation are near the end of their blooming, but the others haven't come up yet.

Is there still hope?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
northspruce(z3a MB CDA)

I'd be having a dig around to see if there are squashy rotten bulbs down there. It doesn't sound promising, but occasionally bulbs will skip a year so who knows.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 10:20PM
swontgirl_z5a(5a)

I agree it doesn't look good. I planted some of those last fall too. They actually came up before all of my other alliums but are just beginning to open up now. All of my other alliums are done for colour other than Christophii and a couple of Bulgaricums which are in too much shade and falling over.

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 8:14PM
nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)

I think I found them.

They're smaller than I expected them to be. The stems aren't much bigger than the chives in the back yard. Is that them?

There's a few teensy tiny buds on the end of a few, but they're more shaded by the others than I expected, particularly now that they're falling over from the rain =:(

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 6:30PM
swontgirl_z5a(5a)

That's them. They look just like chives only I spread mine out so they aren't in a clump. Mine are about 16" tall and they still haven't opened. They sure are slow. I will take a pic when they do open. From what I have seen the flower looks like chives too.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 11:12PM
More Discussions
climbing roses
Hi, I'm considering pillaring some climbing roses....
rosecanadian
Cilantro tricks?
Does anyone have any advice to get more leaves out...
northspruce
Seeds
Can't wait for spring....
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
Finally!
Even my daffodils, south side close to house, are popping...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
Mature spruce with double leader
Hi everyone, I have a question that I can't find the...
Violetjune Zone 3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™