Anyone here do Cold Zone Gardens forum?

nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)June 25, 2009

Does anyone here belong to Cold Zone Gardens Forum?

They don't allow you to see anything at all unless you're a member, so a person can't know if they're interested or not.

Plus, I've been waiting 13 days to be "approved" ! Is it worth the hassle? 13 days to be "pendng" to join a forum is a long time, isn't it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canadian_daisy

I've never heard of them. But to me the whole point of a gardening forum is that it be open and accessible to everyone.

If I were you I wouldn't bother. Besides you can get loads of good advice on the other Canadian forums.

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 1:52PM
Crazy_Gardener(Z2b AB Canada)

I totally agree, don't waste your energy.

Bookmark   June 27, 2009 at 4:56PM
valleyrimgirl(2b)

Maybe the one to approve your membership is on holidays. But, I agree it is a long time. Maybe send your membership app in once more.

ColdZoneGardens is one group that I am a member of. It is a very active gardening group in Yahoo. We love to post pictures and asking questions is very common. A number of members are from Winnipeg and surrounding areas...as well as other prairie provinces. There is a get together usually after Christmas sometime to the beginning of Feb that has usually been held in Winnipeg.

Members of 'the Zone' are also very active in the Manitoba Regional Lily Society as well as CanWest Iris Society and many of them collect and some hybridize various perennials and grow their own crosses from seed. So, it makes for all sorts of questions. Each posting is emailed to you...so if you don't enjoy emails you may want to reconsider joining.

Brenda

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 11:41PM
More Discussions
winter growing...getting over the blues
Well I am really late starting this year as we normally...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
Mushrooms...help needed
Ok, while they are not holding me to it, the local...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
plant swapping in Manitoba
Hi all~ Blustery winter day throughout Manitoba......
bratwithcat
Rudbeckia fulgida 'Goldsturm' hardy on the prairies?
I don't recall if I've ever seen this plant alive and...
twrosz
Blackberry 2014 update...
The other thread was getting too long. Please post...
Konrad___far_north
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™