mold or mushrooms in my potting mix?
so i have two cuttings in a mix of perlite, some potting mix, and peat moss.
i can see that the beginnings of a mushroom are growing at the bottom of one of the cups for the cutting. on my other cup, i can see little mold colonies growing, i'm guessing the pre-mushroom stage.
so i've heard mushrooms are not harmful, and can even be beneficial. but if just seems wrong. mold is bad.
what do you think? is it killing my cuttings? it also just happens that the cutting with the mushroom growing in it is dying, one leaf fell off. don't know why, i have been watering it less than once a week.