Monday's Magnificent Marvels (photos)

shive(6b TN)June 18, 2012

It's getting harder to get good photographs without ratty foliage or lots of mushy blooms. Here are the best from today.

GREAT WHITE

LAVENDER LOVELINESS

LAKE TAHOE AUTUMN in a bit of morning sun

APPLIQUE starting to rebloom

VENUS'S FIRE

2 TWO SUES

Edge No Eye NOID - I can't figure out what this one is. It's in a pot missing a label. I don't remember ever seeing anything that looked like this. It's not Kisses From Heaven, which is clearly labeled in another pot. I don't know whether it's a mistake plant for something else I ordered. The only other possibility is that it's SEAL of APPROVAL, which I bought five years ago and thought had died. Anyway, it's really pretty with just a touch of a lavender edge.

LEVI DAVIS - This one has bloomed for more than four weeks, and has a rebloom scape almost ready to start. Terrific pod setter!

KEYS TO THE KINGDOM continues to amaze me with fabulous blooms each day. It has loads of ruffles, but the blooms always open perfectly. src= "http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa213/shive_photo/June%202012/KeystotheKingdom617.jpg">;

LOVE ON A WIRE

Debra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katladie(z8Louisiana)

Love LAVENDER LOVELINESS and APPLIQUE, sharon

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 12:02PM
shive(6b TN)

Sharon - Applique is one of my top favorites, so I'm thrilled it's reblooming. This is the first time in three years that it has rebloomed.

Debra

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 1:05PM
shive(6b TN)

Hey, just noticed the Keys to the Kingdom photo did not show up. Here it is.

KEYS TO THE KINGDOM continues to amaze me with fabulous blooms each day. It has loads of ruffles, but the blooms always open perfectly.

Debra

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 1:09PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

I don't see any rattyness, only stunning blooms and stunning pictures lol! I could go with any of those for favorite but 2 TWO SUES and LAKE TAHOE AUTUMN are the best of the best for me.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 1:26PM
anniegolden(z7a)

TWO SUES is stunning!
Christine

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 1:27PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

I love Great White and Lavender Loveliness. I ahve lots of white but tht one is exceptional. Applique is always a fav. I haven't seen rebloom on mine yet.. As for ratty foliage, I thought it was just my garden...Ellie

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 1:44PM
shive(6b TN)

Rita and Christine - Two Sues has great color, but the form is a tweener. I wish it had longer petals.

Ellie - Those are prettiest flowers Great White hasbloomed this season. The others took most of the day to open after cool nights. If I lived in the North and regularly had night temps in the 60s, I wouldn't keep GW. Good thing it's usually sweltering here. LOL!

Debra

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 2:15PM
nat4b(4)

Beautiful flowers as usual :) I especially like Lavender Loveliness, very pretty and the name fits. ENE no name is pretty too, hope you will find the name! Love on a Wire is nice. Pretty color on Two Sues, too.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 2:43PM
gothiclibrarian(5b)

Your NOID edge no eye is so soft and pretty. I could just sit and stare at that one.

Love on a Wire is great too...is that a white or "platinum" edge?

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 3:00PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Two Sues is my favorite- I love that form. It looks like it could helicopter away.
Renee

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 3:09PM
mantis__oh

Lake Tahoe Autumn is a real winner! Does anyone grow Lavender Loveliness in the North? I am wary of a lot of Carpenter's stuff. Lavender Loveliness I assume has the registered short scapes.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 4:28PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

wow, what a bunch of beauties you have. I lovethe second one..LAVENDER LOVELINESS and the last one. that gorgeous Red,,,,LOVE ON A WIRE .. Gorgeous.alot of the others are beauties, but this my favorites.

jean

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 4:44PM
shive(6b TN)

Nat and Anika - I love the NOID too - just wish I knew if it were a tet or a dip so I could spread its pollen appropriately.

Anika and Jean - That's a white wire edge on Love On A Wire. It may looks a bit reddish in my photo, but it's really a purple with less reddish tones than most of my other purples.

Renee - I guess the petals on Two Sues are shaped a bit like propellers. LOL!

Mantis - Lavender Loveliness does have short scapes, ranging from 20-22 inches.

Debra

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 5:08PM
Maryl zone 7a

Lake Tahoe Autumn is that newish (2011) Trimmer intro and it's luscious. Does the color hold on it? Do you like it?...Keys to the Kingdom is my next favorite. Love the form with the sculpting and all those ruffles. What a beauty.....Maryl

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 5:30PM
shive(6b TN)

Maryl - I've only had two blooms on Lake Tahoe Autumn so far. I love the bloom, but I have no idea about plant habits here yet. The first day it bloomed the weather was cool. Today it was a humid 91 degrees, and the color held pretty well. It did fade a bit, but the bloom, which has thick substance, was still colorful and pretty at 7 p.m. I think it will do even better keeping it's color when it's out of a pot and in the ground. I will say the bloom held up better than the other new Trimmer late I got this spring, Wild Apple Autumn.

Debra

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 9:33PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

Lavender Loveliness is my pick.
Val

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 10:13PM
maximus7116(MI)

Two Sues is always a favorite because of its unusual coloring. Mine is loaded with buds this year. Great White looks great, and I love the intense color of Lavender Loveliness.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 10:25PM
shive(6b TN)

Val and other Lavender Loveliness fans - I was going to get rid of LL until so many of you picked it as your favorite. It has very short scapes and the eye isn't blue, so it doesn't really Tfloat my boat.

Chris - My Two Sues is still in a pot and doesn't have many buds. I'll have to get it in the ground to see it do well.

Debra

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 7:00AM
houstmag

Lavender Loveliness is my pick for favorite but they are all beautiful.
Linda

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 7:46AM
Cindy zone 6a

I also like Two Sues, different coloring. Keys to the Kingdom also nice!!
Cindy

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 7:42PM
Julia NY(6)

Keys to the Kingdom has a great face with the sculpting(?) or is that pinching?
Two Sues has a nice color and I've always admired pics of it on the forum.
All are very nice pics.

Julia

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 7:56PM
More Discussions
Pet Peeves
As spring has sprung and our thoughts turn to blooms,...
Maryl zone 7a
Daylily Order.
I finally got to place an order for some new DLs. They...
Billi
A Beautiful Spring Day Today
It is typical Alabama weather. Today was mid 70s,...
organic_kitten
Ballerina Beautiful- thoughts?
What are people's opinion of Ballerina Beautiful? I'm...
Billi
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
Sponsored Products
'My Sunshine' Photo Holder
$6.49 | zulily
Set of Three Pet Christmas Photo Ornaments
$30.00 | FRONTGATE
Birds of a Feather Photo Wall Plaque
$79.99 | Dot & Bo
Slither Dining Side Chair Set of 2 in Red
$169.00 | LexMod
Serena Fold-Up Wood Shower Seat
Signature Hardware
Area Rug: Crowne Tutor Brown 8' x 11'
Home Depot
Dorchester Red/ Charcoal Rug (5'2 Round)
Overstock.com
Area Rug: Crowne Chamberlin Red 2' x 3'
$41.97 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™