Prairie Heritage Roses

LeoPrairieView(2b)June 18, 2012

It has been some time since I posted on this forum since my gardening consists mostly in enjoying the results of previous work and planning and having to cut back the extent of my gardens. Some things, however, are still getting to big and crowded and need to be removed.

Two Robert Erskine roses are a bit easier to see go as they are very similar to other roses in the garden. 'Beauty of Leafland' is next to its parent 'Butterball' and next to another white Rosa pimpinellifolia 'Stanwell Perpetual'. 'Betty Will' is between 'Theresa Bugnet' and 'Amy' for Walter Schowalter.

In earlier years I would have simply dug up another section of lawn and replanted them. But both lack of space and my ageing back make that impossible now. So if any of you are interested in them and willing to dig them yourself, they are yours for the taking, we live about 30k south of Winnipeg.

Leo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
celtic_07(3b)

Leo -if only!!!! I think living in Thunder Bay and the distance of 450 or so miles(700k) is a bit too far for a days adventure.WE go to the Peg. a few times a year to see family and we were there the end of March. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding new homes for them. Take care Lois

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
Snows not here but lets talk roses anyways 2014
Well, this was an explosive year in the rose dept for...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
germinating rose seeds
What is a good way to start roses from seed, I picked...
wayne
Tradescantia Overwintering and Cultural requirement
Tradescantia �Blue and Gold�...
dongdong
Cilantro tricks?
Does anyone have any advice to get more leaves out...
northspruce
Finally!
Even my daffodils, south side close to house, are popping...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™