Some Pictures of Main Crop

dieselerJune 21, 2010

Here are some pictures i took this morning when rain stopped.

Been getting a lot of rain.

Violet De Bordeaux main crop, i enjoy the way they take on a reddish hue early then turn real dark later.

Dark Portuguese - Main crop, part of the branch almost looks like last season wood but its not. ; )

Santa Cruz Dark ,which i have read is san pedro class fig but i have to see for myself, if they do indeed need fig wasp there is no fig wasp here near Chicago.

Best Health

Martin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

This makes me happy because, by accident, I got the lady Violet du Bordeaux. So now I know what to expect! Since I pinched, my 6 figs have grown to 17.

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 2:20PM
wabikeguy(7 AB)

Ya, thanks for the pics Martin. Just one more piece of evidence that our Gurney's "Italian Honey Figs" are in fact...Violet du Bordeaux.

Dave

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 2:36PM
jon_z6b

Making my mouth water. I really enjoy ripe from the tree figs. I have to know, are you over wintering your figs outside? I have the common, in everyone's yard- all throughout the neighborhood, plain-jane naturalized fig. Mine look like it's going to be a month or so longer before being ripe and I'm a zone warmer- so I'm jealous. I wouldn't mind trying some others if they are indeed cold hardy as a general rule.

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 2:44PM
dieseler

Jon i grow in containers and store mine in attached garage for the winter, i let 2 frost in the 20s hit my trees and then bring them in regardless if they have leaves still on or not.

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 5:02PM
More Discussions
How to prune a Ficus Lyrata.
Hi Everyone, Im new to this forum, I hope there is...
Goldie_1
Rooting Question
Hello All - I am trying to root some fig cuttings....
briana_2006
I am Phil from Northern Ohio.
I am here amongst many very good fig friends and I...
peak42
Need to find a fig company
Hi together, i ´m new here and my first question is,...
depequ
vasilika sika ( king & queen)fig greek
Can anyone post a photo of this fig? Is this fig called...
edarena
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™