kudos to Gardener's Supply Company

aklindaJuly 15, 2012

Like many people who experience mobility issues as we age, I have found myself unable to do as much as I used to be able to do. A year ago I ordered a tractor scoot from Gardener's Supply - it's like a tractor seat on wheels and it has a handle you could pull it with and a basket in the back to carry a bucket or small items. It really made a difference in what I was able to do in the garden but I had some issues with the tires losing air and then two days ago the handle broke off. It was a year old and I no longer had my reciept but I was so disappointed that it broke I decided to write them a letter. I really didn't expect them to do anything but just wanted them to know about the problems that I had - maybe they could make some changes to avoid those issues in the future. To my surprise they wrote me back and are replacing the broken tractor scoot with a new updated model. They gave other options like a credit or refund but I find the tractor scoot so useful I would rather just have another one. I was very happy to recieve this level of customer service from this company. I have mobility issues and can't stand or walk for long and am glad I will be able to continue to use the tractor scoot to be able to continue working in my garden.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pat_tea(PNW, Van,WA)

I like to hear good reports like that. I have never shopped with them but your post is sending me to their web site. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 12:32AM
schoolhouse_gw

I've purchased many things from Gardener's Supply over the years. Been happy with all purchases. The folding wheelbarrow made from a tarp material is still my favorite tool and it is many years old now.

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 9:42AM
ogrose_tx

I, too, have ordered many things from them, and the quality has always been great. Latest purchase was the solar garden path lights, and I love them!

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 3:36PM
Cher(6 SW OH)

How nice. Haven't ordered anything in a few years but was very happy. Glad you'll still be able to get around.
Cher

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 7:22PM
natal(Louisiana 8b)

Good for them! I also like Gardener's Supply. I just ordered a couple more sets of their curved link stakes. Love those things!

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 1:33PM
schoolhouse_gw

Just wish S/H wasn't so high with mail order now days. Not sure of Gard.Supp.'s rates as I haven't seen a catalog for awhile.

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 4:46PM
organic_kitten(8)

My favorite item from them is the plastic garden seat that has an adjustable height and can be turned to either end. Long since discontinued (the garden scoot replaced it) but they will tear it from my cold dead fingers. I use it all the time. Frequently buy from them...plant supports are a favorite.
kay

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
A few pictures
Hi cottage gardeners. I don't have a lot of strictly...
lois
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning cottagers! Do you remember how I was bemoaning...
cyn427 (zone 7)
Horsetail Reed Rethink
I planted horsetail reed in the ground on purpose today...
cenepk10
Random Weekend Trivia
Good morning cottagers, Grey and blustery out this...
cyn427 (zone 7)
Hard Pruning Tree Wisteria
I need some advice about hard pruning from the knowledgeable...
rckowal
Sponsored Products
Type 75 Desk Clamp Lamp - Silver - Anglepoise
$223.00 | HORNE
100 Palazzo Cocktail Napkins
$78.00 | Horchow
52" Modern Fan Gloss White Ball with Light Ceiling Fan
Euro Style Lighting
Ashford Black Small Outdoor Wall Mount
$83.00 | Bellacor
Hudson Valley Lighting | Vintage 5.5-Foot Cord Pendant
$172.00 | YLighting