Hardy clematis combination question
I have given up the idea of doing a climbing rose in my backyard - instead, I am going to do a combination of clematis! I would like to have a grouping of 3 different colours. I suppose they need to be in the same group (C) and hardy enough for this west facing location that does get much sun and some wind (chinook! Ouch!) during winter. That said, it is by a fence so perhaps that provides some protection.
Anyway, I am wondering what you think of these combinations? I saw a stunning Jackmanii and Huldine combination in the Clematis Forum - that was totally stunning! However, I want a bit more colour than that... so what do you think of these potential combos?
1. Jackmanii Superba + Huldine + Ernest Markham
2. Jackmanii Superba + Huldine + Hagley Hybrid
3. Gypsy Queen + Huldine + Ernest Markham
4. Gypsy Queen + Huldine + Hagley Hybrid
5. Any other combination that you would recommend!
Thanks so much for your advice!