summer yard ">

another scene - allium christophii foreground.. ">

peony ">

another scene ">

Please check out the rest in my album

Here is a link that might be useful: the cottage garden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greylady_gardener

love that clematis....name? Enjoyed the album.............couldn't figure out the teapot, then it hit me....birdhouse! :)

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 7:42PM
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)

Simply beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Nancy.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 12:17PM
nulty

Wow,..i looked at your link Ianna,..it shows the blooms even better,.. wishing i had many of them as i love your colours scheme,..i know i mentioned this before but give praise where it due,..well done.

Philip

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 8:17PM
ianna(Z5b)

Thanks all. my apologies in the delay in responding. I've been away and have just returned.

I try to keep within the soft tones but I do love to mix things up every now and then. I always wanted to feel like I'm in a large meadow garden and so my yard is filled with tall airy type plants. It's quite a compact space but because I prepared the soil well, there's plenty of root space for these plants to thrive.

My town's horticultural society recently presented me with a front yard recognition sign -which means one of my neighbors honored me by nominating my yard. I do get lots of people dropping by to check things out.

Greylady - that's right. it's to encourage birds. I've also gourd birdhouses around the yard. I'm sorry I cannot name the clematis because I'd already forgotten it. I just recalled I needed white to balance out that spot. I have that Jackmanii type now blooming but I'm rather disappointed with it. There's also a pink one which unfortunately wasn't able to bloom as much because someone doing construction broke the vine... -- what you might find interesting is that I used eyehooks glued on to the brick, and wire to create the trellis which disappears amid the foliage... so the plants look like they are just climbing up by themselves.

Philip - thanks. I love your little paradise too. Lots of unusual plants I would love to incorporate here.

I will continue to upload photos into the album...

Oh my sweet peas have finally bloomed and this late in early August.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 10:43AM
nulty

Hi Ianna,
hoping you had a nice break and delighted your Sweet Pea bloomed,..and so late as well,.. that was a nice surprise.

Philip

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 7:34PM
ianna(Z5b)

Phillip, The summer here has been unusually cool-- this after we suffered an ice storm this past winter. So it's strange and welcome but I did lose quite a number of other plants - including my beautiful yellow/white butterfly bush :-(

Oh well.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 10:03AM
greylady_gardener

cute idea for the teapot! I just may have to try that. :)
What did you use to glue the hooks onto the house bricks....brilliant idea for an 'invisible' trellis! (Have you had any fail?)

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 2:34PM
nulty

Hi Ianna,
i was also wondering what did you use to glue the eyehooks?,..our hardware stores sell that "No More Nails Adhesive" but it only works on smooth surfaces,..i have a Hyacinth Bean Vine coming along and was planning to drill into a wall as a last resort.

Cute idea using the Tea Pot and with luck something might move in,..oh one flower i see you have that is in my garden is an Alpine,..Armenia maritima,'Armada Rose',..it started off as two and has multiplied to about seven,..cute little red bloom on a grassy like base,..i enjoyed browsing through your link again,..thank you.

Philip

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 7:14PM
ianna(Z5b)

I had purchased the trellis kit from Lee Valley Tools here and it carries the glue. they do mail order in case you are interested.

Phil - it's a silicon based glue - same things the one uses to glue glass together (think shower walls). You can probably get a smaller amount from an aquarium shop.. they use the same thing to make aquariums.

Bookmark   August 2, 2014 at 6:39PM
More Discussions
Horsetail Reed Rethink
I planted horsetail reed in the ground on purpose today...
cenepk10
Garden critters
Here are some of the local fauna who stopped by the...
loisthegardener_nc7b
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Good Saturday morning, Cottagers! Spring is definitely...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Random Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning dear cottagers, I have missed our little...
cyn427 (zone 7)
To snip or not to snip
That is the question. I planted some San Marzano tomatoes...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Sponsored Products
Christopher Knight Home Keaton Wicker Barrel Side Table
Overstock.com
Campania International Large Williamsburg Wren Cast Stone Planter - P-496A-AL
$529.99 | Hayneedle
Greenfield Arbor
Fifthroom.com
Red Carpet Studios Cosmix Reverse Acrylic Small Spinner - 30991
$14.99 | Hayneedle
Design House Bristol 9-Light Chandelier - 512855
$362.99 | Hayneedle