Should my New Daylilies be Growing by Now?

nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)July 8, 2010

I planted a bunch of new daylilies about 3 weeks ago. They were quite big when I received them.

Shouldn't I be getting some new leaves by now? The plants look healthy enough as far as I can tell, they're just not doing anything.

I have 2 small scapes coming, but no sign of new growth on any of them. I think I planted 15 of them. Good Grief, I should remember.......

I planted them in a new lasagna bed. Do you suppose they are reasonably happy with their new home, but just not thrilled enough to sprout new leaves ? =:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
valleyrimgirl(2b)

I would assume that they are putting all their effort into making a new root system for themselves.

Which daylilies did you get and where did you get them from?

I am quite excited...I am heading into the States in a few weeks for a daylily convention/summer meeting in Bismarck/Mandan. 3 days of daylilies with tours, judging workshops, food, speakers, etc. Should be great!

Brenda

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 8:33AM
nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)

Brenda - I sure like your choice of destination/activites for your holiday. Sure beats when people go to some concrete covered city.....

I got my daylilies from Mother and Daughter's Daylilies in Ontario. I bought April in Paris, Dream Legacy, Panda Bear, and Velvet Beads. They "took the liberty" of increasing my order by one plant so that I could get their discount. I ended up, obviously, with more plants for less money. They also sent me two extras as a gift, but at the moment I can't remember which one.

I guess I'll be more patient with my plants. Since they still look healthy, you're probably right about the roots =:)

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 1:03PM
marricgardens

I agree with Brenda. I rec'd my order from Montfort early spring and planted them up. They took a few weeks to settle but when they did they really started to take off! I bought 7 and 4 have flowered, 2 are still in bud. The last one is just putting on growth but it will come. Marg

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
Magnolia xloebner "Spring Welcome"
Hi, Does anyone know where to get this Magnolia in...
pricklypoppy
Greenhouse in a Box
Hello Everyone :) For those of you who have received...
nutsaboutflowers
Mahogany Splendor Hibiscus
I was wanting to grow this hibiscus. Everything I've...
marricgardens
Muckle Plum
This is an interesting ornamental landscaping tree...
ziggro
What type of apples do northern hardy rootstocks produce?
Has anyone left various known rootstocks grow to see...
sandbur2
Sponsored Products
Fascination Four-Light Bath Fixture in Hammered Ore with Recycled Glass
$569.00 | Bellacor
IC23 6" IC Rated New Construction Incandescent Housing with Floating Socket
LBC Lighting
David Trubridge Design | Sola Pendant Light
YLiving.com
Japanese Lantern Table Lamp by Fire Farm
$309.60 | Lumens
Secto Design | Secto 4200 Pendant Light
$841.60 | YLighting
Sole Designs Julia Miami Dining Chairs (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™