Be it ever so humble....

Ginny McLean_Petite_GardenJuly 17, 2011

There is no place like my yard and garden. One of those days today when nothing was going right but I didn't know what was wrong......Wanting so much for things to be different....better....and no end to the chaos of my everyday life these days. Frustrated with which end of the wool to pull first.......so I took a shower in bug spray, donned my heavy,leather/rubber gloves and took Jack and Cash out to the garden to pull weeds. After 2 hours in the yard, visiting with the neighbours, watching the dogs play, weeding, and watering I feel 100% better! It may be old, muddy, weedy and not up to par with some other gardens but it is better than no garden at all and some days it is a lifesaver. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)

My haphazard yard and garden have small sections of beauty, mixed with a multitude of problems such as weeds, rock hard clay soil, poor general design, etc.

Like yours, it's old, weedy, and not up to par with many, but it's not full of pesticides, and nature seems to be taking it all in stride. It's mine to do with as I please, and at times seems to be an uphill battle, but it's my sanctuary and I don't know what I'd do without it.

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 1:58AM
Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden

Yep! :)

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 2:18AM
beegood_gw

I can understand that. My yard will never be a great show piece unless you like the Au naturale look. But am happy and do the best I can. Just went out this morning and it is so quiet and every thing looks so fresh. My favourite time of day.

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 9:06AM
northspruce(z3a MB CDA)

Sometimes I think I'm only really happy when I'm puttering in the garden. Good thing that's a lot of the time. :0)

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 9:28AM
Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden

Ditto!

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 9:37AM
bdgardener(3 AB)

Me too, me too. Love to putter, and best yet the hubby knows that if I'm head down, a** up. No to bother me "I'm busy"

Kids are starting to learn that too.

I'm starting to learn not to make my projects too ambitious. And enjoy the small accomplishments.

Winters too long, summer too short. Time to enjoy life.

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 5:32PM
More Discussions
germinating rose seeds
What is a good way to start roses from seed, I picked...
wayne
Cilantro tricks?
Does anyone have any advice to get more leaves out...
northspruce
Rudbeckia fulgida 'Goldsturm' hardy on the prairies?
I don't recall if I've ever seen this plant alive and...
twrosz
Grapes that survived (zone 2b)
all my grapes pulled through, except for a straggly...
intotheark
Apricots in Flower
Capilano Apricot trees in Edmonton, picture from today. One...
Konrad___far_north
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™