NOID Peony

marricgardensJuly 21, 2011

I haven't been on theis forum for a while, I've been mostly on the daylily and iris forums. My loss. Like everyone else, my garden is suffering from both heat and now wind burn. At least the wind seems to make it more bearable out in the garden. Here are some pictures of what's blooming in my garden now. Marg

Betty WArren Woods triplets

Elegant Candy clump

New to my garden is Sunshine City. It is putting on quite a show.

Aramis always puts on a good show.

Domin is also another show stopper.

Here is a peony I bought at a local Hort. sale. I don't know which one it is but it sure looks nice. Anyone know its name?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden

Peony could be Doreen. It has red stems and thinner leaves.

Love the pics! Look very lush considering the heat you guys have been experiencing. :) TFS

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 9:40AM
Pudge 2b

Beautiful! I love that dark daylily - very showy. I personally find it difficult to get dark anything to pop in the garden but you've certainly accomplished that. Elegant Candy is really pretty, too.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 10:36AM
marricgardens

Thanks. Despite the heatwave we're having, things aren't looking to bad. We have to water 2-3 hours a night. BTW, if the peony is Doreen, that means I now have 2 of them! My other one is just a baby that had it's first flower this year. Thought they looked similar but wasn't sure. Tomorrow I'll bug you guys with pictures of my seedlings and get you to critique them. Marg

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 10:41AM
Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden

There are so many peonies that look similar to that one that you almost need to see them side by each to inspect them closely. The stem color narrows it down as well as the leaf shape on other similar ones. :)

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 11:27AM
north53 Z1b MB(zone 1b Canada)

We've gone from 30 degree weather down to 13 with strong winds and driving rain, 2 inches and counting so far. So enjoy your heatwave, things can change!

I like that peony and both the dark coloured daylilies.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 1:11PM
marricgardens

They're saying that there's a slight chance of rain tonight. Any moisture would be welcome, not to mention the cooler temps! We already have had a few really windy periods, the ones that last only a few minutes but can lift 50 lb. blocks!

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 2:06PM
savona(z2bBCCanada)

Gorgeous daylilies Marg.I have a noid daylily that is close to your Sunshine City one for colour, I love it! I am no help IDing your peony, I cant even ID my own noids...lol..Jean

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 4:29PM
More Discussions
winter growing...getting over the blues
Well I am really late starting this year as we normally...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
Has anyone tried bale gardens?
Due to my rampant quack grass this summer I took out...
CLBlakey
Blackberry 2014 update...
The other thread was getting too long. Please post...
Konrad___far_north
Grapes that survived (zone 2b)
all my grapes pulled through, except for a straggly...
intotheark
Bacopa Propagation from Cuttings
I have been searching the net trying to find out how...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™