Arrowhead Alpines

fairfield8619(Zone 8 NW LA)October 2, 2012

How are the conifers from them? They have a lot of different and interesting things. Wondering about the sizes, can't seem to find anything on the website. Frank

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ricksample(6)

I've only ordered from them once and got exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't purchase grafted conifers, just some junipers. I think they were around $20 each and in quart containers.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 5:36PM
davidrt28 (zone 7)

Check their feedback on [the competing site that rates resellers]. I've had enough problems with order for herbaceous items that I gave up ordering from the many years ago. Two years ago I placed an order thinking I'd give them a second chance: again, a plant was grossly mislabeled as another geophyte that was not even in the same family as what it was supposed to be. Order an Irid, get an Amaryllid! I have no experience buying conifers from them.

NB Since then the founder has died and they have a new nursery manager, so maybe that will help.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 6:12PM
whaas_5a(5A SE WI)

They appear to have a great selection of conifers. Most of which is supplied by Gee.

It was like pulling teeth to get questions answered from them. I never understood why you'd need to beg to give them your business. I'll never order from them for that reason. For all I know they might have awesome product, which for the most part should be true if its from Gee. Just expect some plants to be overpriced. For example a 2 year Picea abies 'Cupressina' for $45...don't think so.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 8:06PM
fairfield8619(Zone 8 NW LA)

Well Maybe I will try a small order and see how it goes. Actually there is a non conifer I'm interested in too and may order that and see what happens. There are significantly more positives than negatives.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 11:17PM
gamekeeper

I have ordered alot from them for several years and recommend.Bob Stewart the owner died last winter and his wife Brigetta and son are running the business.They have their hands full.Emails will be answered eventually.Phones calls can work as well.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
Metasequoia glyptostroboides "MATTHAEI BROOM"
I would love to hear of your experiences with this...
rouge21_gw
Deodar Cedar planted out back....
Finally got the hole dug and the Cedar in-ground. Lots...
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
can someone please help me I.D. this please?
I've had this tree for years and it hasn't seemed to...
mora2817
Germinating Juniper (occidentalis and communis)
simple in terms of just planting them and waiting or...
sequoia_stiffy
Araucaria seed search
Hi, Does anyone happen to know where I can find seeds...
Mike726
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™