S. Sarasota County March plant sale / swap / giveaway

dirtygardener73(9a)January 31, 2011

I can do March 19 or March 26th. Take a vote and work it out amongst yourselves and let me know. Either is fine with me.

I'd like to do a pot-luck, mostly cold-cuts and snacky stuff if that's o.k. with everyone. I'll provide all the paper plates, cups, cutlery, sodas, iced tea, water, dips and fruit and veggie trays. BYOB. I'll have a lot of 1 gal. and some 3 gallon pots for putting things in that have to be dug, but bring some if you want.

I have two large oaks, so there should be enough shade, but if you have a shelter, you can bring that too. Bring your own folding chairs, please, because I will be giving most of my stuff away before then, and won't have a lot of places for you to sit. It's fine to bring tarps to put on the ground as well. There is plenty of street-side parking, and I'll send out instructions and directions for parking beforehand.

I'll have a list and pictures up by the first week of March, sale plants and giveaway plants, and you can reserve them if you want. You can even tear the Philodendrons and Pothos down out of the trees! My plan is to strip the yard bare, because I have no idea who is going to get this house, and I'm not leaving them anything to abuse and neglect.

I really want this to be a good time, to send my plants all off to happy homes. I can move in peace knowing my babies are all taken care of, and if I ever need cuttings, I know where they are. hehehe ;-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
imagardener2(9-10)

Yay, I'll come. So far both dates fine with me.

Put me on your email list. I'll bring some giveaways like gaillardia plants, native ferns and also wildflower seeds (orange cosmos, gaillardia mixed colors, etc).

Denise

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 8:17AM
marcia_m(5 and 9)

I have a fairly new garden (second winter here), so I don't have anything to trade (most is brown anyway!). But I'd love to come and visit. I can bring food.
Marcia

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 9:27AM
dirtygardener73(9a)

Denise, YAY! I wish I was staying, because I love all the things you're bringing. Next year, I'll hopefully have a yard to plant things again.

Marcia, I got a lot of my plants as giveaways at the end of swaps. Seriously, don't worry about it. Just come and have a good time! Food is always good!

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 10:31AM
pabrocb(Sarasota/Cape Cod)

I also can come either Saturday, and would love to come. FYI the 26th is the Selby sale, people may want to hit both. And I'm also only on my second winter here. But I'll see what I can bring.

Carol B.
pabrocb@yahoo.com

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 11:43AM
tinael01(10A)

Count me in for either date and I can bring food.

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 12:24PM
marcia_m(5 and 9)

Thank you, Dirtygardener. I can't update my member page, so if you need to contact me about the swap, my email is marcia.fla68 at gmail.com (substitute the @ for at).
Marcia

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 12:38PM
hester_2009

the 19th would be best for me - and like others, my garden is young but I will still have some things - just potted up a bunch of Tasmanian violets - and will certainly bring food! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Hester -

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 2:15PM
dirtygardener73(9a)

Don't worry about not having plants! That's why it's a sale/swap/giveaway! We can do whatever we want. I will have plants for sale, but if I want to give them away, so be it!

Can't wait to see what everybody has, and to break bread with all of you. This is gonna be a blast!

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 5:27PM
dirtygardener73(9a)

Anyone who wants to be put on the mailing list can contact me at cgardener52 at yahoo when you can figure out if you can come. I now planning this far in advance isn't easy sometimes, so hoping to have more takers as it gets closer.

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 9:49AM
marcia_m(5 and 9)

I might have non-gardening relatives visiting for a day or two around the 19th, but will know better in a couple of weeks.
Marcia

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 2:20PM
memeobear(9)

Hello,
Has a date been chosen? I am looking forward to meeting you all....

Bookmark   April 12, 2011 at 6:09PM
More Discussions
Mondays at Leu's
As I mentioned in another post, I went to Leu's for...
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake
Any Plant Sales?
I live in the Holiday Florida area and I went to a...
juttz
Winter Tomatoes in Miami Florida
I am planning to torture the northern gardeners with...
garf_gw
Shrub border.
Hi any suggestions for a shrub next to a fence between...
garyfla_gw
African Irises just bloomed; they're pretty
The plants bloomed nine mos after being stuck in the...
stewbrew FL_10b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™