My latest projects
I've mentioned my ugly Dwarf Alberta Spruce. Since i'm not good at shovel-pruning, i figured the thing to do would be disguise it.
I had originally planned to put more than one daylily in there, but once i dug this one out (a Stella that was in too shaded a spot to bloom), i realized that one was enough. I was trying to figure out what else to add when it struck me - that's not much of a rock wall, but saponaria just might be able to do some cascading over it! And i happened to have some that were winter sown.
This bed has had no edging and has always been bad for weeds. I added the edging (really like those curved cement blocks) and mulched heavily.