Don555 Did you get hail?

nutsaboutflowers(2b/3a)July 3, 2013

I hear Edmonton got hail last night.

I hope your garden didn't get beaten down like last year......

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beegood_gw

I got hail and wind and buckets of rain. Also had 3 trees blown down. Not a very good nite. Leaves and branches everywhere. I'm east of Edmonton straight north of Sherwood park.

Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 12:25AM
CLBlakey

:( Sorry about your trees ............................how did the rest of your garden fare?

Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 8:44AM
beegood_gw

Don't really have much of a garden. Tomatoes had to be staked as they were all bent over . Sweetpeas smashed and some potatoes battered.

Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 7:10PM
don555(3a)

Nutsaboutflowers, thanks for the concern! We only got some big raindrops in my part of the city on Wednesday, but the sky looked incredibly dark and menacing to the northeast (as some people seem to have suffered... I heard up to golf ball sized hail). We had minor hail damage earlier in June from a brief hailstorm with hail from pea to marble size, but apart from some bruised and broken leaves, it really didn't amount to much thankfully.

Sorry to anyone who got hit hard by Wednesday's storms. The only condolence I can offer is that my garden was hit hard by hail early last July, but in the end most plants recovered pretty well, with only a few vegetables and flowers (but all of the tree fruits) being a complete write-off. We are really just getting into summer, so still lots of time for plants to grow and recover.

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 2:40AM
More Discussions
Disappearing seedlings, help requested
I have never had problems with damping off only losing...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
plant swapping in Manitoba
Hi all~ Blustery winter day throughout Manitoba......
bratwithcat
germinating rose seeds
What is a good way to start roses from seed, I picked...
wayne
Rudbeckia fulgida 'Goldsturm' hardy on the prairies?
I don't recall if I've ever seen this plant alive and...
twrosz
Seeds
Can't wait for spring....
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™