Heres the expanded Iris garden.

newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)July 26, 2010

First I transplanted more iris out by the stacked stone wall ouit front.

I wanted the area betwen the hummingbird mints to be full so I used clumps that I transplanted from the backyard.

Then I finished the TB iris area at the corner right near my neighbors driveway. I transplanted the last of the clumps I wanted to move into this area.

I had that very front section but I had added another small tier section for a row in back of it.

Since this was right at the street, I had had so many compliments on the iris this spring. I wanted it to have even more of a wow factor. Plus I had always planned to add another row. This way it just looks lots fuller and of course there are more iris than before to bloom in the spring.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dyhgarden(7b)

So lovely, Rita! Great textures from the different foliage and the blooms will be great.

Cameron

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 5:58PM
organic_kitten(8)

Rita,
That is going to be gorgeous with that fabulous hardscape and the iris! Wow factor increase is exponential!
kay

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 6:08PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

There are roses and lilies plus the iris. Also one big clump of Black Eyed Stella early blooming daylilies. There are also some clumps of Catmint in there in back of the iris that fill in any empty spots. I cut them back to work in that area but they will grow back.

Then there is the neighbors row of little clumps of vargieted something (liatrope?). Those are on his property and my stone wall which ends at his driveway actually ends on his property. The right most iris are probably on his proberty too. But I had told him and showed him what I had planned to do to see if it was ok by him and yes, it was. It is good to have great neighbors.

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 6:33PM
More Discussions
Wanting to sow my wild flower seeds, have questions
Recently a gas line was installed in front of our house...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
A few pictures
Hi cottage gardeners. I don't have a lot of strictly...
lois
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
Horsetail Reed Rethink
I planted horsetail reed in the ground on purpose today...
cenepk10
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning dear cottagers. Today has brought with...
cyn427 (zone 7)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™