Happy 4th of July

FlowerLady6(z10 Fl)July 4, 2010

Hi Friends ~ I've been missing in action here and notice a lot of new faces. I need to visit more often to see what all is happening in your wonderful gardens. I'm always inspired by all the flowers that you grow and I cannot.

One of my favorites grown from seed, is the white dwarf orchid tree. I have two of these growing in huge terra cotta pots. They are two years old and about 3' tall.These have a really delicate sweet scent.

Below are two pictures of my shed's crepe myrtle. I love it. We have 5-6 more on the property, but this one is the most in bloom.

This is Duchesse de Brabant with the delicate leaves of Palo Verde in front.

This is a wild passion vine that just grows on it's own.

Here is a bouquet picked the other day. Don Juan on the left, Duchesse in the back, and Chrysler Imperial on the right.

It's been so hot lately that I'm only keeping up with the bare necessities to keep the gardens surviving and the weeds down somewhat. :-) I've been staying indoors embroidering quite a lot. Made some lavender filled sachets recently and they smell wonderful. The piece shown below is done from one of my own photos taken in our secret garden.

I love these butterflies. We have lots of them flitting around sipping the nectar from the hamelia paten flowers.

Thanks for looking. Have a great week.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Beautiful flowers,don't think i've ever seen an orchid tree,not that i know of anyway.The crepe myrtles and the pink rose are magnificent.DH bought 2 new passion vines this year that are a burgandy color,they're growing quite nicely.

Welcome back,nice to see you posting again!!
Kathi

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 3:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Gorgeous flowers, I've never seen an orchid tree either, years ago I had 'Don Juan' it was such a lovely dark red. I have a passion vine but it dies to the ground each year so have never seen it bloom.
So nice to see you back, you've been missed.

Annette

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
Aftermidnight (and others please) question
Hi Annette, I am finding this Houzz hard to navigate...
duncandotty
Blackberry lily (Belamcanda chinensis)
This is my attempt to post. This is a plant I haven't...
frogview00
Hillside cottage garden
Hello! I am going to make my first ever attempt at...
rickcrum
Boxwood not looking good
It's blowing snow and cold here today and the boxwood...
schoolhouse_gw
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™