Thursday Blooms

organic_kitten(8)June 7, 2012

Several Re-bloomers today...I discovered four more with rebloom scapes, so I am up to 50.

Water Drops: First REbloom:

might as well continue in this vein, Winner's Trophy:

Ledgewood's Firecracker:

and Cosmic Kaleidescope:

How about a Trahlyta Group:

Lily Dache is another good bloomer:

No re-bloom scapes on Man of Sorrows, but I keep hoping:

Filled to Overflowing with a friend:

F. Spellbinder is one of the blooms that changes but is always lovely:

Call me Pretty is a pretty one:

okay, El Deperado is acting out as usual - what can you say about such:

Even better up close:

and Carolina Sugar Daddy trio:

I'm well past peak, but still a lot of bloom:

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mizellie(z7 Al)

Kay, they all look very good. It amazies me that the old Trahlyta always looks so beautiful. She's my pick..Ellie

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 3:10PM
shive(6b TN)

I think El Desperado is plotting to take over your entire garden. LOL! I love the first two rebloomers and Man of Sorrows. Fifty with rebloom coming is terrific! I'm up to 35 with rebloom scapes, which is surprising considering the lack of rain.

Debra

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 3:22PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

OH gosh, I just LOVE that garden shot! I see your HOT LIPS Salvias blooming em mass back there. Looks so good. My little plant just had it's first bloom. But the daylilies all look just so good. Love them all. My favorite today is Cosmic Kaleidescope, what a lovely and unusual bloom.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 3:23PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

El Desperado is amazing. Gotta love it. Ledgewood's Firecracker is my favorite today.
Val

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 4:36PM
Nancy zone 6

Not even going to try to pick a favorite from these, every one is a winner. I'm so envious of Trahlyta. I got one in trade 5 years ago. Puny little plant, looked more like a proliferation. It has been very slow to grow, but has gotten a little bigger every year. I moved it, was sure it would bloom this year. Decent size now, but not one single bloom.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 8:04PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

MAN OF SORROWS is gorgeous.LOVE THat one. and EL DESPERATO is gorgeous/ Guess I am going to have to dig mine beck up and put it ina pot to get it to grow and bloom again.dont have a scape yet.I have a custard candy and buttered popcorn bloomed gresat for 2 years, and nothing for the last 2 years... allmy potted ones do great.

jean

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 10:23PM
organic_kitten(8)

Trahlyta is doing pretty well...first time ever she has put up more than a couple blooms at the time, Ellie.

It looks that way, funny. Usually when one really outdoes itself blooming, it slows waaaaaay done a year or so later. We'll see. Debra, I found two more with re-bloom scpapes this afternoon; Eyes on the Prize and Etosha. At this rate there will be more than last year's 59 re-bloomers. Right now I can think of eight that are reblooming and I sure there are others. Crazy year.

Hi Rita, yes and you can see the blue of the black and blue salvia about a foot taller behind it. I do love the bloom on Cosmic Kaleidescope. It has two prolifs on it that I will try to root when they are a little further along.

Thanks Nancy. My Trahlyta was very slow to develop.

Well Jean, you have a lot of beautiful daylilies blooming, so they must do fine in pots for you. I hate to see Man of Sorrows finish blooming.
kay

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 10:46PM
Julia NY(6)

I love the garden pics you post. So colorful even now when you say your past peak bloom.

I'm amazed at the number of blooms on EL DESPERADO. Mark had a special on COSMIC KALEIDESCOPE but I decided to hold off this year. Sure has an interesting pattern.

Julia

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 6:29AM
deangreen(7b OK)

water drops. wow! and that El D looks really great so many blooms. :)

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 6:33AM
nat4b(4)

El Desperado looks amazing! Sea of blooms :)
I love your garden shots too. What's the pink one on the left, a lot of blooms too.
Is Man of Sorrows listed as rebloomer? It's such a pretty color.

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Voles have started....again!
Have found the first vole tunnel in a while...in the...
organic_kitten
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™