So, what did I do to my daylilies -not enough water, micronutrien

jenraider72June 24, 2012

I'm just wondering if this is something I can remedy, or is it just the hot sun beating down on them? I water them regularly, but I also use Spray n Grow once per week. Is it something I'm doing wrong that I can correct? Thanks for the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shive(6b TN)

Could cats or dogs be urinating on them? I've seen something similar happen to two of mine when my male cat sprayed them repeatedly.

Debra

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 3:32PM
jenraider72

Didn't think of that. The crem colored ones are right by the sidewalk, so maybe dogs? The red are set back, and we don't have any cats or dogs, but sometimes I do see the odd "Battlecat" roaming the area at night, so that could be. I guess there's not much I can do about that. I'm really just happy that nothing is eating these, like all of my lilies which were decapitated 1 or 2 a night. Thanks for the reply!

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 3:51PM
shive(6b TN)

There's always some die-back of leaves when the temps get really hot. That's what the leaves on the red one appear to be.

Debra

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 3:57PM
jenraider72

So, nothing to fret about then, correct? that works for me. Thanks for your help

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 4:00PM
Nancy zone 6

I've had a lot of rough looking foliage this year that I blame on the spring up & down temps. And when it gets hot it just happens. I have a couple of daylilies that look like they are dying, but they just go dormant when the temps are so hot.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 4:16PM
More Discussions
Davisson Daylilies
I'll start by saying I've had no issues with growing...
Julia NY
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
Lori Jones Daylilies
My first experience 2 years ago with buying daylilies...
Julia NY
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™