Texas Red Fig

braidnboots(z6 AR Ozarks)August 27, 2010

I am Tina Marie Wilcox, the gardener who planted the fig growing at the Ozark Folk Center State Park in Mountain View, Arkansas. We call it the Texas Fig because our dearly departed Texas herbalist, Madalene Hill called it the Texas Red when she saw it growing here.

Little John, when you find out the true name of this fig, i would consider it a proper trade for the cuttings if you would take the trouble to get back to me with the info.

best regards,

tina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wildforager(5b-WI)

Hi Tina,

I'd be happy to get back to you with the ID of that fig when I get the info. This is the place to post that info. With the cuttings that I took I only got one to root. It may take 2+ years to get fruit. Typically on this or other forums the seasoned veterans would like a pic of a dominant leaf and the ripe fruit (whole and cut in half). The fruit is sometimes placed next to a 25 cent piece for scale (one inch). If you can provide these pics before me that would be welcomed. If not I'll let you know when my little plant is mature enough to ID. Glad to see you on the fig forum!

Thanks,
Little John

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 5:37PM
More Discussions
the f4f forum
I hope the folks leaving f4f will come here as I will...
mgginva
Looking for Cuttings
Hi All. Been looking for fig cuttings. I have 2 Chicago...
tobybul2 - Zone 6 SW MI
Need to know what kind of fig tree this is!
I am hoping someone may know the variety of this fig...
Shelly Holmes
I think I poisoned all my new baby figs :/
I had decided to lightly fertilize all my new batch...
Aaron
Cincinnati, OH Hardy chicago fig Hardy chicago fig 2015
The picture below is carried over from last year. Hardy...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™