Any opinions, pro or con, about the Tebow mango ?

jofus(9b/10a Englewood, Fl)February 10, 2013

I just purchased a Tebow mango tree in a 3 gal pot on Friday and planted it yesterday. Am now starting to hear some negative reviews of it's taste, so am wondering if I was a bit impulsive. This will most likely be the last mango tree I plant so want it to be a quality one. Will appreciate any opinions, pro or con. This particular mango was previously named " Young. "

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puglvr1(9b central FL)

I've never tasted Tebow before but I did find this link from the Tropical Fruit Forum on GW and if you scroll down to the member (below) he posted his reviews and a picture from his young tree...

"Posted by sleep 10a/b (My Page) on Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 9:37"

I think its a fairly new variety, but hopefully others that have tasted it will post...

Here is a link that might be useful: Anyone try Tebow Mango yet?

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 1:58PM
jofus(9b/10a Englewood, Fl)

Thanks pug, think I will just leave my new Young ( aka Tebow ), tree right where it is. Besides the fair amount of time and energy to get it solidly planted, one of my goals in planting it where I did, was to serve as a buffer to the noisy neighbors ( not very noisy tho ) over my back fence. With it's projected mature height of 20 ft and girth of 15 ft, it will be perfect for that task. lol

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 2:47PM
RastaYoga

This is probably the blandest, most "boring" mango I have ever had.

It's not bad tasting, it just has very little taste.

It's like a "mango for people who don't like mangoes" kinda mango.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:41PM
shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b

You could at any time add a graft of your favor mango. Or several grafts for a multi flavored mango tree. Good luck.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:35PM
saldut

I've never heard of that one... I have 2 Haden and think they are the best, of course--- planted one in 1970, from Webb's City Nursery (remember that place?) it is now a giant, another planted abt. 1990 , also quite large..my only problem is they are so huge I cannot reach the fruit, the tree crawls w/squirrels and when they take mercy on me below they will toss me down a mango, after they take a bite.... I plan on having the older tree topped this August it costs $250.... then maybe I'll have a chance at some of the fruit! LOL, sally

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
New houzz look
Can't get used to this yet. Or like it. That soft...
irma_stpete_9b
Growing milkweed (A. tuberosa) from seed in Central Fl.
Hi! I'm new here, and I'd like to see if anyone has...
martianpictures
Mango and Lychee Blooms "fried" by the recent Freeze
Just wanted to vent a little to my fellow mango and...
puglvr1
African Irises just bloomed; they're pretty
The plants bloomed nine mos after being stuck in the...
stewbrew FL_10b
A good firespike replacement?
Two and a half years ago I got some 'blue' (magenta)...
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™