Fig Trees for sale

figcollector(7)September 23, 2007

I have decided to thin out my fig collection.I want to keep just a few.All trees are trees not bushes.Their about 6-8 feet tall and all were purchased from Belleclare nursery.Dark Green Genoa(RARE) $275.00,Italian Everbearing $200.00,Atreano $275.00,Fico Bianco Pasquale $250.00,Long Island Green $150.00,Brooklyn Heirloom (old school classic)$275.00,Braided 3 varieties Atreano,Fico Zana,Pops Purple$375.00,I have a few youngsters Conadria $75.00,Petite Negri$45.00.I might also decide to sell my Garnsey seedless and Peters Honey(MAYBE).All trees have two crops.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hlyell

Happy birthday tomorrow :)

Please email me at HL@comcast.net

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 11:21AM
figfarmer

I'm pretty sure that listing trees for sale on this forum is highly frowned upon. There are many growers on this forum, including myself, that would never use this forum to advertise "for sale". Just my 2 cents. FF

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 6:58PM
jeff55_gardener

hi do you have a phone number e-mail me at zjeffrzgm@aol.com

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 7:37PM
pitangadiego(San Diego, CA)

Please e-mail to figs4fun at cox dot net

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 1:24AM
loslunasfarms

I would love to get some cuttings. Please send me an email via the forum..

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 1:46AM
bonsaist(Z6/ Bethlehem, Pa)

I have many trees that I'll be getting rid of as well. Mine are too large to be shipped though.
I've got Marsielle, Petite Nigri, and Desert King. as well as many other trees.

Bass

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 9:03PM
figfarmer

I quess I'm wrong.

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 10:02PM
elder(6VA)

No, figfarmer, you are not wrong. I am also against advertising on the forum, but I think that a hobbyist trying to recoup some of his expenses might not fit into the definition. I would certainly draw the line if the advertising were in support of a commercial enterprise, but we must remember that ultimately it is the operators of Garden Web who will make the decision.

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 12:12PM
ejp3(7NY)

Please e-mail me at ep2920@aol.com

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 7:54AM
hlyell

I was just wondering if anyone who expressed an interest had been contacted. I was the first to reply to the post, but I have yet to get an email. It's no big deal. I was just sort of surprised.

Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 7:53PM
fortisi876(Z6NJ)

He's probably waiting on all the figs to ripen so he could enjoy them all by himself. :p

Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 9:52PM
pitangadiego(San Diego, CA)

None.

Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 10:24PM
furo(Zone 5 KCMO)

Maybe Todd got a cease and desist order from the GW gestapo?
Woody.

Bookmark   September 29, 2007 at 10:55AM
bonsaist(Z6/ Bethlehem, Pa)

ejp3, It was nice to meet you.

Bass

Bookmark   September 29, 2007 at 12:12PM
loslunasfarms

I heard from him, just an email so far.

Bookmark   September 29, 2007 at 9:44PM
mastino(7)

can you email me about the fig trees for sale Thank you!

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 12:16PM
sandsquid(7a)

If _I_ had those trees, I would wait till they went dormant in the fall. Then prune them back hard to save on shipping costs. And at the same time get tons of cuttings to give/swap/barter, etc. But that is just me.

I'm all for recouping some of my investment, but more importantly propagating some of these rare varieties to ensure survival and availability for future generations.

My take on the subject is that we never know when the "Fig World" will be hit with a bug/blight/virus/etc. that wipes out millions of trees, and hopefully it will be some odd genetic mutant in someone's backyard that is the one variety that is immune and saves the world from a fig famine. And it is not beyond the realm of possibility either. Just look at what happened during The Great French Wine Blight was a severe blight of the mid-19th century that destroyed many of the vineyards in France and laid to waste the wine industry by one little Phylloxera aphid . The ONLY thing that saved the European Grape Industry was the discovery that the European vines could be grafted to the American rootstock that were not susceptible to the Phylloxera. So while we are all busy chasing that elusive rare fig and horse-trading with each other we are also building up a gene pool to fall back on in case something bad happens.

Something to consider.

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 12:40PM
vern_2006(7)

Good point Sandsquid.

Vern

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 5:00PM
ryecooder(6b)

holy those are some expansive trees, why so much, it's not like you can smoke them or something lol j/k :)

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 7:58PM
effdeevee

Dear figcollector(Long Island), ...et al.:

Above, in your postings, many have said that they want to thin out their collection(s) of fig trees, and keep only a few varieties. I'm curious, FF Members, ... just what varieties of figs are you going to keep, and, WHY????

I grow only one variety: "ATREANO". So far, I have no complaints with my trees, and, the fruit is just delicious. I personally, have no desire to grow many different varieties. I don't have the room, money, or patience to grow figs that may not do well in the NYC area. "Variety is the spice of life", so they say, and that's why I'm so curious about which varieties of figs your're going to keep.

Thanks, FDV

Bookmark   June 27, 2008 at 7:27PM
More Discussions
I'm Back
Hello all
Aaron
Need to find a fig company
Hi together, i ´m new here and my first question is,...
depequ
is this fig mosaic virus?
Hi, I just bought this Panache fig tree a couple weeks...
merriberri
Cincinnati, OH Hardy chicago fig Hardy chicago fig 2015
The picture below is carried over from last year. Hardy...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
LosAngelesFigForest website
Please feel free to suggest improvements for the site. I...
Aaron
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™