Silvia!!!

ibarbidahl(9 (tampa-ish))March 25, 2013

I just wanted to check on you. I was in Clermont yesterday, not far from your house - when a little twister came through.

I hope that all is well with you and yours. My car has a few small dents from the hail and scratches from debris but we were all inside the Cracker Barrell at the time and safe and sound. SO glad we were not out on the road at the time! I have done nothing but think about you and everyone in your area since I left there.

Barbie~

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whgille(FL 9b)

Hi Barbie!

Thank you very much for checking on me. The weather was terrible yesterday just like you said, I thought that everything was coming down, bananas, tomatoes, and I was worried about the greenhouse too because I left it open. I saw big pieces of hail but I was more worried trying to calm down the pets...I hope that was the last bad rains for a while, I can deal with the cold better than winds.:)
Hope that you can make it to the party!

Silvia

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 2:25PM
ibarbidahl(9 (tampa-ish))

The hail! My daughter would NOT believe me that it was ice! It was so funny trying to convince her. I don't know what she finally decided it was, but there was quite a lot of it.

I'm glad you didn't have much damage and the pups came through OK. I wouldn't have wanted to be out in that and I can't imagine if you had lost your greenhouse. :-(

Yes, I am still planning on coming to the party. I have to find a recipe that doesn't require heat/cold to stay good because you are 2 hours away but I will certainly find something. I make a mean pulled pork, but you usally do the meat... I can do baked beans. :-) Either of them should make the trip in a crock.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 4:29PM
whgille(FL 9b)

Barbie, I am sorry about the damage to the car but I am sure glad that you were safe and not driving, especially with little kids on board.
The greenhouse has insurance against damages so that helps in case of a bad situation.
Looking forward to see you April 13 and anything you bring it will be good.

Silvia

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 7:35PM
More Discussions
Need help with growing healthy cannas
I have several cannas, both large and dwarf, but do...
gardenbear49
Podocarpus Leaves Turning Brown
I planted a doz 3' tall podocarpuses on 3' centers...
roserx
Yacon rhizomes
Hey Carmen, You out there? CYE pronto, I have your...
tomncath
Growing milkweed (A. tuberosa) from seed in Central Fl.
Hi! I'm new here, and I'd like to see if anyone has...
martianpictures
Mango and Lychee Blooms "fried" by the recent Freeze
Just wanted to vent a little to my fellow mango and...
puglvr1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™