Overwintering Geraniums and Begonias

stanly(Z03)October 28, 2010

Well, I transplanted 14 Geraniums from my big containers and hanging baskets into 6" pots and brought them all inside under fluorescent lights. I also started 24 cuttings which I have covered and under lights. I also did the same with 9 begonias which I also transplanted into 6" pots. We will see what happens. Stan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
twrosz

Stan, what type of begonias are you saving over? My seed grown Illumination Apricot tuberous begonias had froze the other night and are now in the house while I wait for the tops to fall off before storing them in the coldroom for winter.

Terry

Bookmark   October 29, 2010 at 1:40PM
marricgardens

I took cuttings from my geraniums and now have about 50 plugs growing in the sunroom. I don't have grow lights but I've found that the geraniums don't really need them. This is my first year trying to grow begonias and I was planning on bringing it in and keeping it in the cold room over winter. Terry, is it hard to start them from seed? Marg

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 9:32AM
stanly(Z03)

twrosz, they are just the non stop begonias. I don't really hava a cool place to keep them in my basement as I have renters there. I have a total of eight so would be nice to see them continue to grow and hopefully my geraniums will do well. Stan

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Reine des Violettes
Hi, I was wondering if anyone who has been growing...
true_blue
Has anyone tried bale gardens?
Due to my rampant quack grass this summer I took out...
CLBlakey
Heat Mats
How many of you use a heat mat for seed germination? Our...
nutsaboutflowers
Tradescantia Overwintering and Cultural requirement
Tradescantia �Blue and Gold�...
dongdong
Bacopa Propagation from Cuttings
I have been searching the net trying to find out how...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™