cherry tomato reflowers

seb14(4)October 27, 2013

i purchase this cherry tomato plant in the middle of july . it was on sale because the store was ending there gardening sales and the plant was in bad shape. i cuted all the dry leaves and trimed it , put some good soil and it reflower again and the plant almost double in seize. well now the plant has been in my living room for one month its getting yellow but still going i have estimated around 70 tomatoes still on it. and about 30 new ones coming up in the next month. Its the 4e time it refowers and it gose on. now its snowing outside so im guessing its her last time. I was wondering if its normal because im like the only one in town with a living tomato plant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xaroline(zone 3 Calgary)

Well that sounds like a good deal!
I have never thought of bringing a tomatoe back into the house.
It sounds like it might be a good idea to save some of summer that way.
Caroline

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 9:03AM
seb14(4)

i never thought of doing that too but thats how it look like 3 weeks ago the last time it when out for a afternoon for bit of sun, im soo keeping some seeds of that plant its great! just keeps giving tomatoes until november hehe

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 3:22PM
shazam_z3

I had a cherry tomato plant for about two years inside facing a south window when I lived in an apartment. Did quite well. Grew about six feet tall, always had flowers on it that I ensured fertilization by using a q-tip. I got rid of it when I moved since lugging around a six foot tall soft-stemmed plant is in fact rather difficult :)

Basically if you keep them well fed and well lit they should last a very long time. I guess you should also get an indeterminate variety to ensure growth.

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 7:06PM
seb14(4)

thats interesting too know! but im not going to be able to keep it that long because soon its going be dark at 4 pm soon and we dint have a sunny day in 2 weeks now. its having hard time lets say !

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 8:00PM
More Discussions
Reine des Violettes
Hi, I was wondering if anyone who has been growing...
true_blue
Anyone Growing Peaches in the far north??
Hi, I bought two contender peach trees last year. Everyone...
troman1973
Mature spruce with double leader
Hi everyone, I have a question that I can't find the...
Violetjune Zone 3
Bacopa Propagation from Cuttings
I have been searching the net trying to find out how...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
Finally!
Even my daffodils, south side close to house, are popping...
prairie_northrose (3a north of Calgary, AB, Canada)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™