The TB Iris came and I am planting.

newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)August 2, 2010

The UPS man just brought my second TB iris order which I had been waiting for. So I will be planting them today. This will finish up the new iris bed in the upstairs backyard.

I got 30 iris from the first order (Mid America) and 15 from this one (Napa County). These are definately much bigger rhizomes than the ones from the first order, I am quite impressed.

Here is a picture today of the iris bed with the first batch planted over the weekend. Have to get todays planted and take another picture.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

That bed looks fabulous, Rita. There is no cure for the ever planting gardener.
kay

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 5:58PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Todays iris go right down the middle. Notice all the daylilies in bloom back there in one of the late bloomer beds.

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 6:03PM

I finished planting them and watered them good to get them growing. I noticed that the ones already planted are starting to grow already.

The entire bed looks great if I do say so myself. Looks much more finished with that third (Middle) row of iris in instead of the empty space.

Its too dark to take pictures so I will do that tomorrow. I am very pleased with it.

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 8:03PM

Since I got the TB iris bed done I also got inspired and today I planted that long brick edged narrow garden section that I had planned for annuals that is in front of the iris bed. You can just see a verbena that is off to either end that I had there.

At any rate I had started some Cosmos Cosmic Red seed and some Zinnias Zahara Double Fire seeds. But I started them late and still haddn't even put them in ground. I just figgured why not get them inground finially and put them along in there.

I also stuck some potulacas I had in a pot in the middle there as I just wanted this stuff done and planted. Geezz, it's August already. Don't know what I was waiting for LOL!

Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 3:32PM
roper2008 (7b)(7b)

It's looking good Rita. They are going to look great
next year..I've been very lazy with my garden lately.
This is the time of year I get burned out. Seeing
your Iris's makes me want to plant some. Maybe I'll
take a peek at some.

Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 8:14PM
More Discussions
Wanting to sow my wild flower seeds, have questions
Recently a gas line was installed in front of our house...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Aftermidnight (and others please) question
Hi Annette, I am finding this Houzz hard to navigate...
duncandotty
Anuual Hollyhock seed
I don't remember if I plant annual HH seed this Spring...
schoolhouse_gw
Hardiness zone
How do I place my hardiness zone next to my name? ...
marielle(zone4b-5a)
Loving my coleus combos this year
I have used coleus plants in bare spots around my garden...
winsomegardener
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™