A Wizard, a Buzz Saw and Tiffany's Jewels (photos)

shive(6b TN)June 26, 2012

This is our one day of cool-off before the long journey into triple digit temps. I tried to do too much today in the gardens while it was in the 70s and 80, and got a bit of a sunburn. I had a few ffo's this morning. It's always exciting to see new faces in the garden.

HOW LOVELY YOU ARE opened with a very pale pink color. I think it's been so hot, the petals have faded in bud. But since it's new, I'm not sure.

WIZARD'S WISH burst onto the scene with three flowers today in different parts of the clump.

Jamie Gossard's BUZZ SAW was whirling in the wind when I first saw it's ffo this morning.

FRANCIS OF ASSISI duo - Arm in arm, don't they look like bff's?

TIFFANY JEWELS - Hey, I've got a Moldovan theme going here!

AUGUST FROST threesome - Notice how each of these three blooms is shaped differently. It reminded me of the old (ancient) TV show, To Tell the Truth. Each bloom is saying, "I'm the real August Frost." LOL

BUTTER PECAN duo

ADAMAS trio

ANGELUS BLUE SKIES poly - My husband says this looks like a Christmas Ornament. Just put it on top of the tree!

Debra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

That is some poly, it is starlike.

You have a lot of beauties, Debra. I like brights, so I like Wizards Wish and Francis of Assisi, but I also like the delicate Tiffany's Jewels...and the clumps and twins are beautiful. can't choose just one here.
kay

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 6:33PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Wizard's Wish gets my vote as favorite. Such a rich color with the almost white sepals. I like the form of How Lovely You are. It reminds me a bit of Victorian Lace. How dark is it suppoesed to be. Probably just the color I like...LIL!! Ellie

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 8:19PM
maximus7116(MI)

I love the delicate coloring of How Lovely You Are and Tiffany Jewels, and the photo of Butter Pecan is terrific. I'm glad you were able to be productive before the brutal heat hits. I wish I'd been able to do the same.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 9:03PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

wow, you had a cool spell. got to 98 here which was nice, after that 104 yesterday.HOW LOVELY YOU ARE, is gorgeous. love that one.and WIZARD WISH just jumps out at you.Love FRANCIS O ASSIST. gorgeous bloom, and AUGUST FROST is a winner, too.

jean

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 9:30PM
shive(6b TN)

Ellie - How Lovely You are is a light pink, but not as pale pink as the bloom in my photo.

Jean - The high was only 88 degrees today, with most of the morning in the 70s. I wish I could get at least two or three days of that weather. I actually enjoyed doing yard work today.

Debra

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 9:55PM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

The Butter Pecan is my favorite. They are all pretty though! Rena'

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 12:08AM
nat4b(4)

Great selection for today again! Love them all, but Wizard's Wish and Buzz Saw especially. Butter Pecan is very nice, and I like the name too. Are those also first flowers on Francis of Assisi?

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 1:23AM
Nancy zone 6

Love the color on Wizard's Wish, but Butter Pecan was my favorite the moment I saw it. I don't remember seeing that one before, very pretty.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 7:02AM
shive(6b TN)

Nat - Francis of Assisi has been blooming for a few days now. It' s blooming later than usual because taller plants around it shaded it out this spring.

Debra

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 8:38AM
houstmag

Lot's of stunners today my favorite is Wizard's Wish, just love those colors.
Linda

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 9:10AM
IsabelleMaye

Your daylilies are just beautiful! I am just starting out with daylilies but hope to expand my collection as time goes by. Once again, incredible daylilies!

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 9:13AM
anniegolden(z7a)

Holy cow, Debra! You have outdone yourself in the photography department. Your BUTTER PECAN twins photo is perfection. Kudos.
Christine

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 10:03AM
shive(6b TN)

Rena', Nat, Nancy, Christine - Butter Pecan is an oldie but goodie that was never widely distributed. It took me several years to acquire it. I tried to get it several times on the Lily Auction, but the bidding always went too high. I finally found it for sale at the Lily House last year. It's a very unique looking daylily with unusual coloring.

Isabelle - Welcome to the forum. We hope to see you posting more. Be careful when you "expand." Daylilies become very addicting.

Debra

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 10:44AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Ah yes. Lovely, lovely blooms. Difficult to choose a favorite as usual as they are all so very nice. I think the BUTTER PECAN duo as they are both beautiful and different.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 12:11PM
Polymerous(9b)

Lovely photos!

I ditto the kudos on BUTTER PECAN - that is a great picture of an interesting looking daylily. (And I am surprised that I feel that way, as I normally loathe and despise contrasting light colored midribs.)

I have ANGELUS BLUE SKIES too - I love it when it polys, and it sometimes looks very blue-lavender to me. (The color seems to be a bit variable in my experience - perhaps the night temperatures have something to do with it. Mine has not been opening well lately; I suspect that maybe the sprinklers aren't getting it enough water.)

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 1:34AM
caliloo(z6/7)

I really like BUTTER PECAN but they are all very nice!

Alexa

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 6:20AM
More Discussions
Pauline Henry daylilies
I was brousing a couple of daylily sites the other...
Maryl zone 7a
A Beautiful Spring Day Today
It is typical Alabama weather. Today was mid 70s,...
organic_kitten
Pink Daylily questions
I was given a bunch of the orange daylilies (last year)...
srks72
Lambert daylilies
would love to see pics of John Lambert daylilies ....
signet_gw
photo of cool blue daylily
Does anyone have a picture of Petit's Cool Blue daylily...
pink_petals
Sponsored Products
Quoizel Bancroft Tiffany Style Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Serena D'italia Lamps 25 in. Tiffany Dragonfly Bronze Table Lamp with Lit Base
Home Depot
Larissa Rod Hung Mini Pendant
LBC Lighting
Quoizel Salamander Art Glass Tiffany Glass Mini Pendant
1800Lighting
Elk Lighting 93-155 Rustic Tiffany Lamp - 93-155
$158.00 | Hayneedle