look at this!

mizellie(z7 Al)June 20, 2012

This poor baby has bloomed 4 times and this is the most decent bloom I have seen. This is a first time bloomer and she has a horrible time opening. I have 1 more bud to watch and I haven't decided whether to keep it for another year or toss it...Whatcha think! Ellie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dementieva(Zone 9 - Houston)

That's one where you think "But it would be soooo nice!" but you know deep down that it won't ever be so nice. I'd say it's either scrap or it needs recrossing if the plant habits are exceptional.

Nate

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 9:05PM
organic_kitten(8)

I agree with Nate, Ellie. Sorry
kay

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 9:06PM
Julia NY(6)

Is it a first or second year seedling? If yes, then I'd keep it another year. If 3rd year, I'd toss it if I didn't have any extra room.
Tough for me to throw any away after all the time I spent crossing, harvesting, growing it from seed, planting it out and then taking care of it the best I could.

Julia

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 9:31PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

nate,kay and julia, this is a first year bloom so I may keep it for another year. It bloomed again today and the color is richer and the bloom opened a little more. Maybe next year it will be fabulous since I hate to toss it just in case. here is today's photo...Ellie

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 9:32PM
shive(6b TN)

It looks a lot better today. I would give it another year. I will tell you that I have two like that who I gave a reprieve last year. They did not improve at all this year. As soon as the temperatures cool a bit, they are being dug and sent to the daylily graveyard. That space is too valuable to me to keep them any longer.

Debra

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 9:50PM
More Discussions
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
Need some serious Daylily help
We are upgrading the front of the house with new railings...
msskriss
Those wonderful "W" daylilies, let's see them!
We would like to see all of the wonderfyl W dsylilies!...
sherrygirl zone5
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™